Home Buying in Olympia>Question Details

kcolpo, Other/Just Looking in Olympia, WA

when will I know if a company from tennessee will proceed with a judicial or nonjudicial foreclosure?

Asked by kcolpo, Olympia, WA Wed Sep 12, 2012

Help the community by answering this question:


In Washington state, non-judicial foreclosures are the rule if your mortgage was a deed of trust. Also, if the mortgage (deed of trust) that is being foreclosed is the one that was used to purchase the home (purchase money), the bank is not allowed to pursue a deficiency judgement against the borrower.

As to when they may proceed, you can call and ask.

You should seek the advice of an attorney experienced in real estate law. A real estate agent may be able to help you avoid foreclosure with a short sale, but only an attorney can advise you or give legal advice.

Joy Moran - WA Licensed Broker
Keller Williams Realty Olympia
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Sep 12, 2012
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer