Home Buying in Kingman>Question Details

Alsup.william, Home Buyer in Kingman, AZ

when my wife and i move to kingman we will be paying cash for our home.How quick will the process be?

Asked by Alsup.william, Kingman, AZ Sat Oct 5, 2013

Answers

4
Cathy Ott’s answer
The process can go as quickly as a couple weeks or sometimes less if you are purchasing a vacant house so you don't have to worry about the seller needing time to be out, but I always suggest you take advantage of your 10 day inspection period and hire a professional to inspect the home for you so you have a good idea of what you are getting into. Although we can usually get a home inspection set up for you within 3-4 days so that doesn't hold you up too much. Please let me know if you have any further questions about buying in the Kingman area if you aren't already working with an agent.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Oct 7, 2013
If you are lucky enough to be interested in a residential product without a mortgage the closing process can take as little as a couple of days. I strongly suggest you employ a Title/Escrow Company for the protection that it offers for searching title and verifying clear title and no defects in the chain of title which could effect you as even a new buyer.
If the property that you are interested in has a mortgage then the process may take longer than you would expect because of the reaction time of the mortgage company etc. The cash closing will be pretty easy once the mortgage company responds. Possibly expect about a week to ten days.
I hope this answer helps you a little with your time management and if there is anything I can do to assist you or to recommend a very competent escrow officer - I'd be happy to assist.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Oct 6, 2013
A cash deal can take less than a week to close. Have you explored the Lake Havasu City area? It is quite nice. You might want to check it out unless you have to be in Kingman for work or other commitments. My contact info is http://www.debbiesellshomesandland@gmail.com or 928 566-8667. Thanks, Debbie Huff/ Havasu Realty
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Oct 6, 2013
Though it physically can be done in four days, as Elise said, I wouldn't recommend it. Take advantage of at least the full 10 days of the inspection period as written in the AAR contract (assuming you use the contract, as there's no inspection period mandated by statute) and schedule the close three weeks out.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Oct 6, 2013