Home Buying in Lemont>Question Details

Merritt Isla…, Home Buyer in 32952

when making an offer on a property, how do you specify contingencies?

Asked by Merritt Island Resident, 32952 Fri May 24, 2013

Answers

3
All common contingencies are already built into the standard sale contract that is used by Realtors and Lawyers. It is a simple matter to fill in the blanks to specify your contingency.

Paul Scheufler - Managing Broker

Expert Realty Services, Inc

630-257-1432
Tony is absolutely correct. I'm curious as to why you are asking Realtors to answer this question when it seems like you are not working with one. If you're looking to purchase a home, select a buyer's agent to guide you through this process and protect your interests.
Web Reference: http://www.CindyMottl.com
Thanks Cindy...you guys are right, we should be using a professional to assist us rather than plodding into this full bore...we just met with the realtor selling the property and it is a foreclosure and we have to be pre-approved by the bank that owns the property (WF) so that was quite a surprise to us to start with...
Flag Sat May 25, 2013
If you're using a Realtor, your Realtor will have access to contracts with contingencies already available to them. They should be able to explain them to you. You will then work with your agent to figure out which ones and what time frames will work for you.
Or, if you're using an attorney he/she should be familiar with the common contingencies and be able to specify them for you within your contract.
Your question is a little too vague for me to offer a better response. You're welcome to call or email me for a more comprehensive answer.

Tony Mitidiero
708-259-3734
Tony.Mitidiero@Remax.net
Thanks Tony...I think we need a professional to help us...we're a little rusty in this area...have not been in the market since the 90's
Flag Sat May 25, 2013