Home Buying in Hampton>Question Details

Billie, Home Buyer in Massachusetts

when is the best time to buys a beach house/condo at hampton beach, new hampshire?

Asked by Billie, Massachusetts Sat Sep 3, 2011

Answers

3
Billie,
The best time is when you are ready to pull the trigger. Maybe the question should be "Is now a good time to buy in Hampton?". As a Realtor who is involved in giving my clients the knowledge to make the most informed decisions, I am constantly researching the market data in as many towns as I can. My recent studies in Hampton have shown me that in the last four years Hampton and much of Rockingham County has not suffered the financially distressed home sales that Strafford, Merrimack, and Hillsborough Counties have seen. Therefore, Hampton has not seen dramatic price fluctuations and just the general nature of the seacoast properties holding their value well has supported Hampton. That being said the median home price in Hampton is at $275,000 today meaning that half of the sales are at prices below this and half of the sales prices are above. The average sales price is $302,331 in the last six months. Interest rates are as low as they will go, there are currently 280 homes and condos for sale, and values tend to hold steady. Is now a good time to buy in Hampton? You bet!
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 4, 2011
The best time to buy, is when you are ready to buy, and need to buy...
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Sep 3, 2011
Hi Billie

No one can answer when the best time is for you to buy. Right now the rates are good and the listing prices for homes and condos in Hampton are good.

Tracey
Prudential Verani Realty
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Sep 3, 2011