Home Buying in Hercules>Question Details

Romero Julian, Home Buyer in 94586

when a home is listed as 'inactive' what does that mean? is an offer already being considered?

Asked by Romero Julian, 94586 Thu Aug 6, 2009

I see some homes that are listed, but they have 'inactive' next to them. Why are they still listed if they are inactive? What does 'inactive' mean - a bid is being considered, that it is already under contract????

Answers

3
Hello Betty and thank you for stimulating my brain with your question, I have not personally seen an “Inactive” notation on any consumer site, however on the MLS (for professionals) System, I have seen Contingent, Pending, Sold, Withdrawn, Cancelled, I must say that I have never seen “Inactive” can you please share with me, where you and on what site you experienced this notation? I will be more than pleased to do the research.
Best of Luck in your Home Search!
Hi Betty, it can mean a number of things. Sometimes it could be in between transfer..from owner to lender, it could be contingent as Sylvia stated, and so many other reasons. If there is a specific property you are looking at, you can forward me the address and I'll be happy to make some phone calls for you. Please feel free to call or email me if you have any further questions. Good luck!

Kamal Randhawa
Broker
510-932-1066
This means they already have several offers and are not accepting any more at this time