Home Buying in 11746>Question Details

phulmatid, Home Buyer in Huntington Station, NY

when I find the home on realt trac how can I see the home and do the purchase?

Asked by phulmatid, Huntington Station, NY Sat Aug 10, 2013

Help the community by answering this question:


Keep in mind that RealtyTrac's information may not always be accurate and oftentimes can be misleading--you could be looking at a lis pendens property--notice of default--some of those properties may not be for sale yet, and some may never be, if the default is satisfied by the owner. If you are interested in foreclosures, work with an agent, as most do end up being listed by a broker--he/she will have access to reliable information--also don't overlook traditional sales as some may turn out to be a much better bargain than some of the foreclosure properties.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Aug 10, 2013
Best place to start is to hire an Exclusive Buyer Agent to represent you. EBAs represent home buyers only, and work to get you the best price and most favorable terms. You can go to NAEBA.org for a referral to an EBA in your area.

I'm an EBA and I wrote a book called "Buying a Home: Don't Let Them Make a Monkey Out of You". It will be the best $6 you've ever spent. Follow the link below.

Best of luck!
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Aug 11, 2013
As Anna said below many of the homes that are listed as "pre-foreclosure" aren't for sale. These are generally homes where the owner has missed a few mortgage payments and the note holder has filed legal paperwork. There are other ways to get deals rather than waiting for a house to be foreclosed, that in all liklihood won't be. Contact a buyer's agent, that should be paid by the seller but work for you. Then you have your own professional agent working for you, but costing you nothing.
Licensed Real Estate Salesperson
Notary Public, Retired N.Y.P.D. Lt.
#1 Listing & Selling Office on Long Island
Charles Rutenberg Realty, Inc.
255 Executive Drive - Suite 104
Plainview, New York 11803
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Aug 11, 2013
You need to purchase a subscription to Realty Trac or find a good Buyer's Agent to represent you (and the Seller pays the commission for your Buyer's Agent, even a bank).
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Aug 10, 2013
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2015 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer