Home Buying in Brooklyn>Question Details

Dwash53, Home Owner in Naples, FL

whats the best way to remove a trouble maker tenant from a legal 3 family in brooklyn NYC.No lease, expired a few years ago.

Asked by Dwash53, Naples, FL Sun Dec 8, 2013

Help the community by answering this question:


An attorney who specializes in real estate can better advise, consider a consultation...
2 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Dec 9, 2013
If they are not paying that would be a non payment which is relatively simple. If they are paying and they are troubled then they might be considered holdover which take a bit longer.

You can do it yourself at a fraction of the cost on an attorney but you have to be available. I have done it successfully several times.

In recent years with the foreclosure crisis I have found that the courts tend to be sympathetic to any tenant so in recent years I have been using counsel to handle evictions. When things cool off I will go back to doing it myself.

If you need a referral to attorney let me know.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Dec 9, 2013
Consult a lawyer who, on general, will help you bring the case to court. in 3-6 month, that tenant will be evicted.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Dec 9, 2013
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer