Home Buying in Brooklyn>Question Details

Dwash53, Home Owner in Naples, FL

whats the best way to remove a trouble maker tenant from a legal 3 family in brooklyn NYC.No lease, expired a few years ago.

Asked by Dwash53, Naples, FL Sun Dec 8, 2013

Help the community by answering this question:


I agree with my colleague, you should consult a lawyer. Do not try to evict the tenant yourself without consulting a lawyer first. The city has some great resources for affordable consultations and advicee: http://www.nycourts.gov/courts/nyc/civil/legalassistance.shtml -- I recommend seeking out their counsel. Best -- Marie.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Dec 8, 2013
Dear Dwash53:

Your best bet would be to hire a lawyer in Brooklyn who is experienced and specializes in landlord tenant law. It is too easy to mess up without the help of an attorney and you don't want to waste time. The sooner you hire a good attorney, the sooner you will have the tenant out. If you need assistance locating a good landlord/tenant attorney, feel free to contact me direct. Either way, good luck!

Mitchell S. Feldman
Associate Broker/ Director of Sales/ e-Pro Realtor
Fillmore Real Estate
Office: (718) 252-2000/ Cell: (917) 805-0783
Email: MitchellSFeldman@aol.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Dec 8, 2013
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer