Home Buying in Salida>Question Details

Heather, Both Buyer and Seller in Salida, CO

whats the average price for a 2 or 3 bedroom house with about 10-20 acres of land? email me @ heather-o@verizon.net

Asked by Heather, Salida, CO Tue Jul 10, 2012

I am wanting to move to Salida, CO or within 15 miles.

Answers

7
Hi Heather,

Michael Hawley is a very experienced Realtor in the Salida area and would be a great contact to help you find just the right property. If you would like to be on the Arkansas River (PRIMO!!!), then ask Michael to show you my house at 12300 Riverview Drive. Check out the slideshow at

http://www.mountainviewrealtynow.com

Happy Hunting,
Janey McQuality
Broker/Owner
Mountain View Realty NOW

btw, the slogan in this area is "Now, THIS is Colorado!" and it is so true! Awesome area!
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Jul 17, 2012
Hi Heather,
Both answer below are very good and set you in the right direction. As Cory mentioned, it is to your advantage to search for a broker who serves the area (I do). Look at their recommendations from past client to be assured of getting someone with the experience and reputation you can trust. You will find my contact information on Trulia. I can send you all available properties that are presently on the market and guide you in determining their correct value. I look forward to hearing from you!
Craig Reynolds
Reynolds Real Estate Group
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Jul 10, 2012
Hi Heather. I imagine you have not hired a real estate agent yet. You will be better served by searching agents in this area and hiring one that fits you and your situation. Good luck in your future buy!
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Jul 10, 2012
Hi Heather, A 2+ bedroom home on 10+ acres of land within 15 miles would start about $250k. Of course, it depends on the type of construction and home finishes. I will send you what is available that matches your criteria on Friday.

By the way, I have been a realtor for 13 years, with all kinds of advanced certificates and awards. I have been in Salida for about 11 years.

I looking forward to helping.

Leslie Walker
Remax Mountain River
719 539 8879
leslie@buysalida.com
Hi Heather,

Depending upon the direction you take from the center of Salida, there are many varying prices. I would suggest that you speak with a REALTOR in the Salida area to narrow down what you really want in a location and let them know if you are planning on being there full time or perhaps just in the summer, trust me, that makes a difference.

We are RE/MAX Mountain River are happy to help! Just let us know.
Hi Heather,
The median list price for a home on 10+ acres in the Salida area is about $557,000 but they range in price from $225,000 to almost $3 million, so there's a pretty big range. YOu can usually get a pretty nice home on at least a few acres for under $300,000. There are also areas within about 10 or 15 minutes of Salida where prices will be quite a bit lower.
you can copy and paste the following link into your internet browser to see homes w/acreage in the Salida area for sale-

http://www.ccbrealtors.com/chf/maildoc/hawleymic_1342461844-…

Please call or email me if you'd like to see any of these or have any more questions. Thanks,
Mike Hawley
Owner, Colorado Mountain Realty
michael@mysalida.com
719-530-1281
Hi there,

You can check out market trends on Trulia, just refer to this link as a resource to start your hunt:

http://www.trulia.com/CO/Salida/

I'd also recommend you check out the market trends here:

http://www.trulia.com/real_estate/Salida-Colorado/market-trends/

Hope that helps you!

Ali, Community Manager