Home Buying in Apple Valley>Question Details

donandkristi, Other/Just Looking in Apple Valley, CA

whatare the comps in my area, for tax assesment

Asked by donandkristi, Apple Valley, CA Thu Nov 1, 2012

Answers

4
Hi Don and Kristi,
Generally taxes are 1.25% of the selling price of a home. Then this and that can get added to the bill.
If you think your tax bill is too high and you would like the tax assessor to reconsider
your tax base you can get me or one of my Realtor friends to pull comps for you and then you can fill out the form that asks for a reconsideration on taxes. If the house next door to you just sold it doesn't matter that they pay in taxes unless it's exactly like yours. You need to look at houses within a mile of your, similar in size and close to the year built. Also you need comps from Jan. of the tax year you are asking for the reconsideration. It's not hard for one of us to get the information for you.
Happy to help if you want it.

Karen L. Sanchez

Real Living Hamilton Landon

http://www.realliving.com/Karen-Sanchez-Real-Estate-Agent
(760) 684-0250
DRE #01804752
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Nov 1, 2012
DonAndKristi;

What is your property address? Trulia.com will list sales in your neighborhood.

Let me know how I can help.

Bo Goulet
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Nov 1, 2012
You can't really call a Realtor because they are making all this data up anyway. Comparable prices have been messed up by them for so long it is unreliable information coming from a Realtor. They're being squeezed and they're getting a little nervous. Try doing it without a Realtor from now on and you'll find it is easier and face value or cash ion hand with a Title holder is a good way to buy, still. Exclude the Realtor. Just like they always excluded Architects, only turn the tables. They are like leaches on Society.

Any questions?
You will need to provide an address to determine viable comps. Pulling comparables just from the same city does not focus enough on the subject's neighborhood. Feel free to call us if you'd like to discuss this over the phone (951) 490-3683. Or go to our website at: http://GarrigusRealEstate.net