Home Buying in Oak Hills>Question Details

Linda Gonzal…, Home Buyer in Los Angeles, CA

what you think about Green Tree | Mortgage Loan?

Asked by Linda Gonzalez, Los Angeles, CA Tue Feb 26, 2013

what loan is better a FHA OR CONVENTIONAL for fist time home buyer, looking to choosing a mortgage company what you think about green tree mortgage loan?
any experience with this company?

Answers

5
Linda;

FHA vs. Conventional is an answer that needs to be answered by the loan officer you choose. If you are a 1st time home buyer, I would recommend that you talk with a lender here near Oak Hills who knows about the local 1st time homebuyer programs, Down Payment Assistance programs, and 100% financing programs available in the area.

Give me a call, and I'll be able to discuss specific benefits.
Not sure if you have choosen anyone yet since this was posted a bit ago. But have been dealing with them for a while now and their customer service is great. I'm in the process of refinancing with them for a better rate and it has gone sooo easily. It has been a great experience for me so far. They are a busy company as far a calls, but as for when you do reach them they have great customer service.
Hi Linda,

I have never used Green Tree for financing however I can recommend an outstanding lender for you.

Pacific Home Loan. 949-388-6349. Ask for Noah

Steve Colvin
Premier Ca Realty
Sorry Linda, as to your question regarding Greentree Mortgage, I have not had any experiences with them good or bad. I would recommend that you start with your own personal bank. The most important thing is to get your qualification done before you find your house. The market currently has a very limited number of homes available. It would be sad to find your dream home only to have it go to another buyer because they already have a loan preapproved.

Billine Flynn
Platinum Realty West
760-963-6366
re4sale2@yahoo.com
Linda. Talk to your agent and get some referrals for some local mortgage brokers. They will know what loan programs are available in their markets. As far as FHA as compared to conventional I would recommend conventional especially if you have the required down payment and can avoid the mortgage insurance premiums. FHA is good if you have a small down payment but you will be paying theortgage insurance premiums. You might also talk to your bank. Sometimes they have decent loan programs available for their customers with lower loan fees and setimes better interest rates.

Billine Flynn
Platinum Realty West
760-963-6366
re4sale2@yahoo.com