Clopez, Home Buyer in 99635

what would be legal definition of a second house uninhabitable that is on a property?

Asked by Clopez, 99635 Sun Jul 19, 2009

We are looking to find a morgage for this property. It has a nice 4 bedroom house to front of the lot. At rear a 4 bedroom modular home that has been thrashed. Currently uninhabitable. A local morgage expert told me that all homes would have to be up to code to get financing. Is there a way to reword description so that I could get fininancing?

Answers

4
The best person to ask would be a Mortgage Broker or an Appraiser whom you know. If not personally, check with your friends and family - someone probably knows somebody.

There are many properties in Alaska where there are existing structures that are just that - structures which must be dealt with. I would suggest that since the structure is no longer being used as a living space, you convert it to what it is - a storage space, or remove it. One way to remove it, is to sell it (it is modular) for the cost of removal.

I can put you in contact with a reasonable building mover who may or may not be interested in this project.
If a home is not move in quality a lender will not approve loan for the appraiser would review property in person.

National Featured Realtor and Consultant, Mortgage Loan Officer, Credit Repair Lecturer
Lynn911
Web Reference: http://www.lynn911.com
Who would be the best perosn to ask? Morgage, realtor or ?
Clopez,

Our recommendationis to not base this on only the opinion of one individual. Check other resources for their interpretation of this. Another possibility, eventhough remote, is to request the seller to restore the property to be liveable of or remove it.