Gina Egan, Home Buyer in Yorktown Heights, NY

what type of area is point pleasant boro? I never heard of that area.

Asked by Gina Egan, Yorktown Heights, NY Mon Aug 20, 2012

Answers

5
Joan Congilose CRS,CDPE,GRI’s answer
I love Point Pleasant it is a very quaint town & the Boro section offers more affordable homes than those in Pt Pleasant Beach which is close to the Ocean beach and boardwalk. Starter small homes start in the $200,000 range , a good size home 4 Br 2+ Ba home will start around the mid to upper $300,000 range and homes on the water will be priced much higher. It is also close to shopping , fishing & good schools
Helen's answer is great. I once managed a real estate office in Point Pleasant Beach, a wonderful shore community.Boardwalk, Beach, many rides,and games like Seaside Heights but more of a family focus and not the MTV type of atmosphere. Jenkinsons also boasts the 3rd biggest Aquarium in NJ. Point Pleasant Beach's downtown area has many unique shops. You can ride the train down to Point Pleasant Beach as well and be walking distance to the beach.

The link below shows a live beach cam and links to area attractions.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Aug 21, 2012
I lived in Point Pleasant Boro for 3 years and found it quite enjoyable. It has a great overall location in terms of access to other areas. There are many amenities in the neighborhood. Point Pleasant Beach is also a great area. Its an enjoyable area to walk around in and it is safe for families.
Point Pleasant Boro is just west of Pt. Pleasant Beach. Most people are not aware that they are 2 separate towns.
As far as real estate goes, Pt. Beach is more expensive due to the proximity to the ocean. Pt Boro has many small communities that have access to canals and the bay. Pt. Beach has the boardwalk which has rides, games, and arcades. Some people like living by that, others do not.
What your needs are and your pricepoint will usually determine where you wind up.
You can get demographic information about the towns at my website below and you can also search the entire Monmouth and Ocean County MLS from there, too. Or if you prefer mobile, just text dianeg to 87778 and search from your phone.
Web Reference: http://www.dianeglander.com
Point Pleasant Boro is a great town, it is separated by the Point Pleasant Canal with is the artery that feeds you from the Barnegat Bay into the Manasquan River. There is very little inventory east of the canal which is closer to the beach. But you will have way more selection if you expand your search west of the canal or more inventory. Please call me for help with your home search I would be thrilled to help you Cara Realtors. 7339667799 Mary~Cara
Flag Sun Nov 10, 2013
It is a very nice town, the beaches are exellent , not sure if you ever heard of PT. Pleasant Boardwalk but that is also where you'll find Jenkinson's Beach & Boardwalk ammenities which is a terrific family atmosphere, clubs/bar/restuarants for the nite life as well as local stores & ammenities.

Feel free to contact me if you would like to see properties in this or surrounding Jersey Shore Areas.

Here is a Pt. Pleasant Link for you :

http://www.pointpleasantbeach.com

Helen Cocuzza Realtor® Associate
Professional Staging - Relocation Services
Gloria Nilson Realtors®, Real Living
Direct (732)232-1614
Fax (732)899-6246
Email: hcocuzza@glorianilson.com
Website: helencocuzza.myglorianilsonagent.com