Home Buying in Johnstown>Question Details

Luv2ski1, Home Buyer in Johnstown, NY

what towns in Sara toga springs area would have best re-sale?

Asked by Luv2ski1, Johnstown, NY Thu Dec 2, 2010

looking to purchase 2nd home since work brought me to this area. first home and family are in Ct. prices look good but concerned about re-sale in case need to return to Ct. What would be my best option. Saratoga to expensive...can spend up to 150k.

Hi Luv2ski1- I'm broker owner ADK Realty..Fulton Co is about 30miles from Saratoga. We are home to Royal Mt. nice family ski area in Caroga Lake. As for re-sale values, school districts often drive the prices and popular school districts, homes may sell sooner in some school districts than others. It's a great place to live, our home prices are very reasonable. We have 'towns' that surround the 'city' that may have less taxes than living 'in town'. Royal Mt. is Open with Great Skiing this past weekend!
Since, real estate professionals are prohibited from steering, enticing a buyer to purchase, or not, in specific neighborhoods, do some research of your own beforehand--much would depend on your finances, wants, needs, lifestyle, etc. As for best re-sale, unfortunately none of us can answer with accuracy as to where the market will head tomorrow, or down the road, and neighborhoods do change--therefore buy where you will be happiest.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Dec 3, 2010