sirama7262, Home Buyer in New York, NY

what to know the Fair Markey Value of my home.706 Rockaway st, staten island, NY 10307

Asked by sirama7262, New York, NY Tue Feb 5, 2013

damaged greatly by Hurricane Sandy

Answers

7
That is a difficult question to answer. However according to New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo, as much as $400 million could be spent to purchase some of the 10,000 homes damaged by Hurricane Sandy. Some news reports say that Cuomo is willing to pay pre-storm market prices for these homes, and will offer a 5 percent bonus above market value to people who relocate inside of their home county.
Contact and invite a few agents from different realty companies and ask for a cma, comparative market analysis; review the data, ask opinions and go from there; cma's are generally provided free of charge by most agents, or consider hiring a professional appraiser.
Houston, we have a problem!
You house has no value as a land, unless somebody wants to add to his existing property.
You are in a flood zone and probably house was flooded during the Sandy.
That means, your flood insurance will be a very expensive thing.
Bottom line it's almost impossible to put any any value on your property today. Good luck!
Hi, I would have to see the house..did you do any renovations..

It would be hard to put a number on it without actually seeing the house in person. Is it repairable, or does it qualify to be demolished? Looking at your tax records this house is a 2 bedroom bungalow on a 25x100 lot. At this point it's probably worth what the land is worth, which is about $175,000. As you may have heard this morning on the news, the New York State government will offer to buy out certain properties that were significantly damaged by the storm and will offer the owners the pre-storm value on it. That would put your house value around $250,000. Good luck!

Christopher Burdzy
Leader Properties Inc.
718-FOR-SALE
Hi that is a good question. Please feel free to inbox me at eileenpinto1@gmail.com and I would be happy to discuss it with you. Eileen
It is necessary to take a look at the house before I can give you a fair Comparison Market Value. Pasquale