vanessakropf, Home Buyer in 92064

what school is the best in rancho bernardo?

Asked by vanessakropf, 92064 Thu Jan 10, 2013

Hi Vanessa -

You really can not go wrong with the Poway School System. They are all good, and the links provided below all provide great information and rankings - I personally like :

But this is very sterile data. There are other things not mentioned as to why one school may be better than another. My marketing manager did k-12 in Poway Unified. Speaks very highly of it (went on to get bachelors and MBA at a top UC school, Fellowships in Europe etc).

Here's is what he had to say:

Look at what schools get "divided" when transitioning to the next school. For example, Meadowbrook Middle School is great, but got divided to three different high schools, which was difficult to have close friendships taken away and can be fearful for children. Several elementary schools do the same thing. If the neighborhood does have your child got to a "split" school, you may want to make sure that the split at leasts favors your child - example 70% go to Twin Peaks, 30% Meadowbrook, live in the area that would go to Twin Peaks.

I thought this was great information he provided and really out of the box - numbers on websites do not capture the less quantifiable effects of a school.

David Rudd
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Feb 18, 2013
Hi Vanessa,

By law, agents are not allowed to recommend schools, neighborhoods, what areas are "safe" or not, etc. Here is another popular web site we have used to check out schools for our own family.

It is a fair rating system and explains many of the metrics.

As an FYI, our company has sold many homes in RB. If you have questions, feel free to ask.

Best of luck,

Mark & Kari Shea
Shea Real Estate
National Association of Realtors
CA DRE License 01713506
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Jan 10, 2013
As a product of the Poway School District, I can't recommend it highly enough! Free public education with top notch teachers and facilities!

If you are looking only in Rancho Bernardo, I definitely recommend Rancho Bernardo High School, even though that is my rival school! I personally graduated from Mt. Carmel High School over in Rancho Penasquitos (Go Sundevils!), and loved it.

Happy to be a local expert for you if you have any further questions!

Leila Danesh
Keller Williams Realty International
Hello Vanessa,

Wondering what school is "best" is a very common question and it can be answered in many different ways. First off, what is "best" for one family/student may not be "best" for another family/student. It really depends on what it is you are trying to get out of it. While I understand that some school districts may provide better opportunities than others and be considered more highly rated, a lot of what one gets out of the school is a direct reflection of what they put into it.

I am giving a different take on your questions since many of the people below have already addressed the proper sites to visit for more information/rankings about schools in Rancho Bernardo (the Poway Unified School District.)

As a child who grew up in Rancho Bernardo and went through the Poway Unified School District from beginning to end, I can assure you that this District is incredibly solid and provides the opportunity for any child who is willing and ready to succeed. The sky really is the limit and in closing, I'd like to say that any child who has that attitude will find that whatever school they attend in Rancho Bernardo will be the "Best" school.

For additional insights into what it was like to attend any of these schools, I'd be happy to share my wonderful experiences.

Chad Basinger, REALTOR®, CPA, CFP®
Web Reference: http://www.chadbasinger.com
Hi Vanessa,
Rancho Bernardo is part of the Poway Unified School District and all the schools are highly rated.
However, if your looking for the best school for football, baseball, music or drama then that is a different story.
This is the home page for the Poway Unified School district http://powayusd.sdcoe.k12.ca.us/
and it will give basic information for all the schools - elementary, middle and high school. I suggest that you review the site and then visit the schools and talk to a counselor or a principle. The staff will be able to guide you to the school the best meet your students needs.
If you are trying to buy a home in the PUSD area I strongly suggest that you work with a Realtor (ME :) ) because the inventory is very low and you will need someone helping you that will track the market and be able to show you houses as soon as they become available.
Currently the inventory is about a third of what it should be, however there are many buyers.
Janet McCarthy
Professional Realtor
Connect Realty

The sites mentioned are good ones to check out. Another site I have found informative is http://www.cde.ca.gov/getschool report

Another suggestion would be to check with the school's PTA or speak with parents who have kids attending the particular schools of concern.

Everyone has different opinions of what they desire and only you can do the research of what is most important to you.

If you need help please feel free to contact me as I am in Rancho Bernardo.

Kind Regards,

Marcie Sands, REALTOR
Simply The Best Real Estate Co., Inc.

Rancho Bernardo is Poway School District. It is known as the best school district in San Diego County.

Please let me know if I can help you any further on your question.

Yukiko Kitamura
CA DRE#01881909
Keller Williams North County
They're all good...as others have said...it has one of the best school systems in the county for the price point. You can't go wrong. Please let me know if I can assist you further.
The Poway Unified School District that serves this area is considered to be one of the best in the state. I am sure that any of the schools would be outstanding. Here is a link to information about schools in San Diego County http://www.sdcoe.net/schools.asp
A large part of the success of any school and its pupils is parental involvement. You will find in most cases where the parents are involved in the school the students will do better. So I suggest that you personally meet the teachers, talk to other parents and make yourself known at the school. I can assure you, from personal, experience that it makes a difference.

Local Help with Your Real Estate Needs

Jerry Heard
Your Broker
The San Diego Property Shop
Direct 619-920-9796
Office 619-269-5545
Fax 619-269-9168
It honestly depends on what you are looking for but here are a few links to find the answers you seek. Test scores have a lot to do with the ranking system but it does not account for other things you may be looking for like sense of community, parent involvement, academic offerings, etc... If you have additional questions on the schools or the neighborhoods around them, feel free to call me directly.

Hello Vanessa,

Visit the Poway Unified School Reports page at: http://powayusd.sdcoe.k12.ca.us/schools/

to get complete breakdowns on the individual schools within the Poway Unified system. Please let us know if we can be of further asssitance as we live and work in this neighborhood with two sons currently attending the Poway Unified Schools. Thank you

Kevin Hugli & Kelly Burch
(858) 775-6025
DRE # 01186439 and 01440082
I believe that all schools in poway are good, like Rancho Bernard Middle, Rancho Bernard High.
Pls visit the school site at http://www.powayusd.com.
Song Hasell
Realty Experts
Hi Vanessa,
Realtors aren't allowed to say what is the "best," but here is a link to a website that has great information on schools and their rankings, etc.

If you need help finding real estate near a school that you like, please contact me directly and I would be happy to help!

Sinead McAllister
McAllister Homes Real Estate