Doris Mcfall, Home Buyer in Manhattan Beach, CA

what's the average cost to build a home in redondo beach? single level, 3000 sq home, 3 bedroom suite, family room, kitchen, dining room, 3-car garage

Asked by Doris Mcfall, Manhattan Beach, CA Wed Oct 9, 2013

Answers

8
Hi Doris,

Of course the main question is whether you already own the land. If so, cost to build a quality home will approximate $275/sq. ft.

That means very good quality by a very cost conscious general contractor. I have the contacts for you!

David
It does. Always makes sense to have a soils report on a hill. Expense is insignificant with respect to the overall project cost. I have a reliable provider.
Flag Wed Oct 9, 2013
Thank you. Thinking in purchasing the land to build. Does the cost you quoted included fees, permits, etc? Also what's the average fee of a geologist/engineer inspect the land (since it's up the hill) is sound - no issues of potential land movement, etc.
Flag Wed Oct 9, 2013
it will largely be a function of where in Redondo Beach you want to build and the level and quality of finish work. you also have to consider what is on the land currently and the cost of removal of that structure. if you are building on a hill or let's say Hollywood Riviera, most likely more expensive than a flat lot in north redondo beach. best to think like a builder who may try to buy a lot for 25-30% of what the finished project will sell for and work backwards from there. while those numbers may not pencil out exactly because you won't have the expense of immediately reselling the house (I assume you want to live there) you don't want to over spend along the way. assume $250-300 sq ft all in (not counting the land) although there are certainly builders who will quote you higher or lower.
Doris,

Keep in mind that the Hollywood Riviera is subject to the hillside overlay and requires approval to build based on not interfering with your neighbors views. This can be a challenge and I recommend working with an architect who is familiar with these particular issues.
Hi Doris,

It depends if you're looking to build in North or South Redondo beach. However, you're looking at approximately $275-310 per sq ft.

Give me a call at (310) 748-3560 to further discuss.

Have a Great Day!
I have an innovative solution for you involving walls and central core built to your specs off-site and then constructed on your Hollywood Riviera site in 4 months. There are now several examples in the LA area, and I have vetted the design/build firm that offers them. Makes tremendous sense and much more predictable than a pure on-site build. Cost savings too, but you end up with a highly flexible space that's contemporary in nature and mixed in materials. From a financing standpoint, it qualifies as a traditional build. Would love to share more info with you via phone, email, or in person if you could be interested in this approach!
Hi Doris,

It depends on the house, assuming it’s a flat lot no shoring required and regular finishes (not top of the line) you probably looking at +/- $ 225 per SQFT.
Feel free to email me, I am happy to refer you couple architects and contractors who works in the area. Here is my email: hsbekhit@gmail.com. Thank you and have a great day.
The cost estimates given seem reasonable at between $250 to $350 per sq. ft. If you need contractor recommendations, please feel free to contact me
hi Doris, are you referring to North or South Redondo? Are you looking to build a home for you to occupy or an investment to sell after completion? we are currently building 13 townhomes in North and South Redondo Beach and Although the building cost is about the same, the value of the property should be taken into consideration. for a homeowner to do the work, It will cost roughly $250-$350 per sq.ft. to build a new home. that's not including the land. If you would like to talk some more or have any questions, you're welcomed to contact me. I hope this answers your question.
it's in south redondo beach (hollywood riviera hillside). existing home and potential a tear down, to build as our home. Prefer mix materials - wood, stone, glass (mid-century style with a touch of beach easy look)
Flag Wed Oct 9, 2013