Home Buying in Willingboro>Question Details

Taria Riley…, Home Buyer in Newark, NJ

what programs are available for people who want to purchase homes that dont have good credit?

Asked by Taria Riley Ricks, Newark, NJ Fri Mar 9, 2012

Answers

8
Jim Simms’ answer
If you are already having budget problems why would you go deeper in debt? There is nothing magic about home ownership, there is something scary about trying to borrow a large sum if you are already having trouble paying small sums. Good luck,
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Mar 15, 2012
And I'm glad of that, Taria. I think of people who want to run for distance but have a sprained ankle. It's not enough for the ankle to get better - the injury needs to recover and the ankle needs to regain its strength before taking on a run.
Mack McCoy thank you but my credit isn't bad it's fair and getting better and i have my own business now so I'm doing better
For the most part, I try to discourage people with bad credit from committing to thirty years of mortgage payments, even though I am likely to get a quick commission when they fall behind on their payments and need to sell soon.
Jim Simms I didn't say I have budget problems now! I didn't ask you to tell me what I Can't or shouldn't do! I Can Do All Things Through Christ! I dont need luck i have favor of God! No my story first! Just answer my question not your thoughts! To everyone else thanks for your help and I will be contacting you Valerie!
I live and work in Willingboro, so I know about the houses there. There are a number of options for people who don't have good credit, depending on your particular credit score and timeframe for moving in. Call me at (609) 284-3825 or you can e-mail me at valeriepressley@kw.com and I can help you out.
Many people have different ideas about what good and bad credit is. So when you say your credit isn't good, does that mean you've pulled your report and score recently? The best way to know if you qualify or what you need to do to qualify, is to contact a reputable mortgage broker. I am familiar with the Willingboro market. If you want to contact me directly, feel free to email me at nicky.faucett@prufoxroach.com. I can answer any specific questions you have.
You can try to find a seller that will do owner financing which is when you will just make payments to them however they will probably want a decent down payment for this.