Home Buying in Little Elm>Question Details

Markzimmerma…, Home Buyer in Little Elm, TX

what price range sells the fastest?

Asked by Markzimmerman2, Little Elm, TX Mon Nov 19, 2012

Answers

5
Bruce Lynn’s answer
The median sales price in our greater market is around $150,000.
http://www.ntreis.net/documents/NTREISSTATS_15112012142312.pdf

Now DFW is a really big place..... but generally I would think that is a good price range to target.
So maybe $25,000 on either side of that is a good range to say they sell quickest.
Unfortunately I don't have prepopulated stats that show Days on Market for different price ranges.

Is this what you were looking for. If not give me a call or drop me an email and I'll try to give you more detailed or different information that you need.

You might also find some of the stats you need at:
http://dfwmarketinsider.com/
Bruce Lynn, Real Estate Pro in Coppell, TX
I'll give probably the simplest of answers. The fastest selling price range is the one with the most prospective buyers. In other words, if you look into a city's median income and find that a lot of households bring in 75,000 you could ascertain that those families could afford around 220,000. If you are conservative you could then say that the fastest selling home price in that city would be around 200,000.

Now...of course there are other factors that go into the speed at which a home sells. Is it clean? are there pepto-bismol colored walls? That hurts your chances by the way. Is the yard well landscaped and manicured? These things set you apart from the rest and increase your showings and your chances of a quick sell at a good price.

Hope this helps.

http://www.newhomedfw.com
Hi Mark,

I dont think that one particular price range "sells the fastest". I believe that with appropriate marketing and a home listed for sale at the correct market price, any home should sell. Each community has different trends as to what is most desirable.

If you would like to discuss a specific home or community in Little Elm, please feel free to call me directly at 214-683-5476 or email me at lindsayford.realtor@gmail.com

I am a Little Elm resident and active licensed Realtor.

Lindsay Ford-Reyes
It depends on the market.

Within that, there are two factors. One is the nature of the housing. Often, so-called "bread and butter"--middle-class based on that area's definition of middle-class--have the most buyers and, accordingly, sell relatively more quickly. A local Realtor should be able to check the data on his/her local MLS by looking at "Days on Market" for various types and prices of properties. That will provide a solid answer to your question, based on your market.

However, recognize that it's not just price range but type of home, too. Typically, you have condos, attached (townhouses), and detached (single-family homes). You could have the same price--say $100,000--for a condo, townhouse, and single-family home but have greatly different days-on-market. So it's both price and type of property.

To complicate matters a bit, the listing price should be toward the bottom of the comps. Let's say that in your area the $100,000-$200,000 price range sells the quickest. And you have a house that, based on the comps, probably is worth around $175,000. Great so far. But now take a look at those comps. Suppose there are three: $165,000, $175,000, and $185,000. And suppose the houses currently listed show that same spread. If you price your home at $180,000, it likely will take a lot longer to sell than if you price it at $170,000. They're both in the right price range and they're both pretty fairly priced. But you also have to price your home attractively WITHIN that price range.

Don Tepper, Real Estate Pro in Fairfax, VA
Hi Mark-

It depends on what part of town. My listings that have been priced between $150k to $250k have all had multiple offers and sold within the first 30 days or less.

Right now the market is a sellers market for most of North Texas because inventory of homes for sale is down quite a bit.

If you would like a free market analysis of your home and information on what homes are selling for in your neighborhood, send me an email with your information and I will email the data to you.

Sherry Renfroe
Ebby Halliday Realtors
(214) 215-4145
sherryrenfroe@ebby.com
http://www.sherryrenfroe.com
Mobile Site: m.sherryrenfroe.com