Marie Fiermo…, Home Buyer in 18071

what options do I have in buying a home, since my house was taken also to foreclosure and my credit is now?

Asked by Marie Fiermonte, 18071 Fri Feb 15, 2008

ruined. And I am self employed. Is there any help out there for me. Thanks, Marie

Answers

3
Dear Marie,
There is always hope. In your case, it may take some time and diligence on your part. I would suggest starting with a non-biased credit counselor. Do not use a service that charges a fee up front.
Start by checking out the web site for the Center for Responsible Lending at http://www.responsiblelending.org/
Hang in there, you are not alone.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Feb 15, 2008
Good Afternoon Marie,
First is the need to work on your credit score. When having a foreclosure and if you maintain a good credit history following the foreclosure, your credit score should improve as the years pass. The key is maintaining good credit post-foreclosure. You want to improve your credit score not only for home lending purposes, but for many other credit/lending reasons.
Your first step should be to obtain a copy of your tri-merge credit report. you will need reporting's from the three major credit bureaus, Equifax, Experian, and TransUnion. Please take a look at the Federal Trade Commissions website link I have posted below. This site explains your right and directions on how to get it as you have the right to a free copy of your credit report once per year. The actual report is obtained through http://www.annualcreditreport.com. Review your scores and your history. Make sure all reporting creditors are for you and not belonging to someone else. If there are any outstanding judgments, collections, etc., make sure they are rectified by calling that specific creditor. Keep a copy of any receipts as if it is not wiped off your credit after 30days, you may have to send copies of that receipt to each credit bureaus.
Second, my question would be how long ago was your home foreclosed upon? The reason I ask this question is because typically the lender will not considering loaning you money until after 3 years from the date of foreclosure.
I hope this helps!
Hello Marie
There are some options out there that you might be able to utilize. Some investors are buying up foreclosed properties and then offering Seller Financing for buyers. They would look at your credit and negotiate the terms of the mortgage with you personally. You may also find a owner who would entertain a Lease with Option to buy. A good Realtor can help you find sellers who are offering creative financing. Good Luck!

Mary Smith
Bosshardt Realty Services, Inc
Venice, Florida
941-584-0889