Tammy, Home Buyer in 95757

what neighborhoods in roseville, ca have no mello roos tax?

Asked by Tammy, 95757 Fri Feb 10, 2012

Answers

4
That's a neighborhood by neighborhood issue and I don't know of any map, or report that gives us that information. However, I would suspect that the new neighborhoods are more likely going to have Mello Roos still owing on a property. In addtion, check for a transfer tax that was implemented by many builders.

The Transfer tax was an issue that originated based on the Sierra Club holding developers hostage through court proceeding on building in certain areas. The result was that for every sale AFTER the first sale, would include a transfer tax that would go to some 'community organization' (named various things) for future improvements. Where that tax might be identified may not be as evident as it's often buried in the title record so watch for that as well for newer homes. (and please excuse my brevity in explaining this- it's much more complicated as to who/what/where than can be specified here.
Web Reference: http://www.suearcher.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Feb 10, 2012
Tammy; Adding to some of the great answers already posted, try zip codes 95661 and 95678 in the older neighborhoods of Roseville. You also may want to try West Granite Bay in 95746. Depending upon your price range, there are some older homes available in Granite Bay for around $300,000.

Good luck and happy home hunting.

Erin Phillips
916-580-2227
The Mello-Roos act was passed in 1982. Therefore, homes and neighborhoods that are older than 30 years are extremely unlikely to have mello-roos bonds billed with the tax bill.
Homes built in the eighties may or may not have had them in the past, even if they had them, the bonds are either paid off in full or paid down to a very low balance with small payments and a small balance remaining. Bonds were usually issued for thirty years. There are not many modern homes that do not have mello-roos. When you are comparison shopping it is smart to keep in mind the payment difference between a mello and non-mello home along with the other differences that affect value such as location, size, appearance, condition, age, floor plan, lot size, amenities, features, systems, finishes, flooring, cabinetry, garage spaces and appliances. If you decide to entirely eliminate all mello roos homes from your search criteria, you may miss out on a home that matches your other wants and needs on the criteria list that I just enumerated.
Jim Walker, Real Estate Pro in Carmichael, CA
For NO Mello Roos you'll want to look at neighborhoods at least 20 years old and older. If you have a specific home or neighborhood in mind, send me the info and I'll check it out for you. You can contact me through my website. (See Below) I look forward to hearing from you.
Web Reference: http://sacreopro.com