Home Buying in Wallingford>Question Details

david_smith2…, Home Owner in Seattle, WA

what more valuable masterbath or 4 bedroom ?l

Asked by david_smith2111, Seattle, WA Tue Mar 19, 2013

Hi David,

I think that the Masterbath is more valuable to most people. People like to have their privacy and sometimes not share the bathroom with others who live in the house.
In most cases, Buyers will prefer having a Master Bath vs. an extra bedroom but, of course, if the Buyers have a large family that 4th bedroom would be more valuable for them. Find an agent who specializes in your area and ask them what sells better in your area.

That's a tough question as it really depends on a prospective Buyer's needs. That response is assuming you are looking at two homes that you are equally attracted to and that you are seeking input to help you break the tie in desirability.

My experience is that most Buyers will like having a full bath off the MBR instead of a shared bath between bedrooms. I'd venture to guess that easily 80% of Buyers might agree with me on that. The other thing to consider is room sizes. Often, a 3 bedroom home will have larger bedroom sizes than an equally sized home that has a 4 bedroom configuration.

Hope this helps.

Greg Hanner, Broker, REALTOR, e-PRO