Home Buying in Malibu>Question Details

Mandy Ding, Real Estate Pro in ,

what is the zoning LCA11?

Asked by Mandy Ding, , Wed Nov 20, 2013

Add some detail about your question

Help the community by answering this question:


Bobby LehmKuhl’s answer
Zone A-1: Light Agriculture

Permitted Uses:
Single family residences, crops (field, tree, bush, berry, row and nursery stock) (22.24.070)
Greenhouses and raising of cattle, horses, sheep, goats, poultry, birds, earthworms, etc. (22.24.070)
Minimum Required Area:
Unless otherwise specified, 5000 sq. ft./lot (22.52.100, 22.52.250)
1 to 5 acres, depending on type of structures and/or number and types of animals (22.24.070)
Maximum Height Limit:
35 feet for residential uses (22.24.110)
13 times buildable area for non-residential uses (22.52.050)
Standard Yard Requirements and Development Standards:
Properties developed with single family residences are subject to the same requirements as in zone R-1 (22.24.110)
Animal-related structures must be kept a minimum of 50 feet from streets and highways and structures used for human habitation (22.24.070)
Stands for the display and sales of products grown on the property must be wooden, not larger than 300 sq. ft., not nearer than 20 feet from a street, and on a parcel of at least 1 acre (22.24.080B)
0 votes Thank Flag Link Thu Nov 21, 2013
Light argriculture. More limiting in what you can do than "heavy ag designation of A2
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Mar 17, 2015
I dwelling per acre on Agricultural zoned land - this was a common designation used by the County Tax Assessor as well as the County Planning. It is now passé as the local general plans and the Coastal Commission's plan has overridden it.

Therefore, check with the local Planning Agency to determine the exact use of the land in today's plans.
Ros Nelson
0 votes Thank Flag Link Thu Nov 21, 2013
Yup, its Farm land, double check with the city though!
0 votes Thank Flag Link Thu Nov 21, 2013
It is farm land .
0 votes Thank Flag Link Thu Nov 21, 2013
Every county and city set up their zoning codes differently. The best answer to your question is to visit the Malibu zoning office or check out their zoning codes online. Here is the link for their website: http://www.ci.malibu.ca.us/. If you cannot find what you are looking for then either call the listing agent or check with the local zoning department.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Thu Nov 21, 2013
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2015 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer