Home Buying in Alameda>Question Details

stevemac213, Home Buyer in Alameda, CA

what is the weather like in Alameda in the summer?

Asked by stevemac213, Alameda, CA Sat Feb 9, 2013

Answers

7
Barbara Wilson’s answer
It is beautiful. Not too hot, 80's often. It cools off at night and really has a great climate. You will notice a lot of people have southern-California types of plants - bouganvilla, lemon and orange trees, tomatoes and roses. I think the Bay creates a pretty moderate temperature all year - winters are not too cold (when everywhere else was freezing or below, Alameda was in the high 30s or low 40s) and summers are generally warm but not too hot - not 100 degrees, and few 90s. Good luck!
I just noticed you listed Alameda as where you are currently. Did you just move here? If not, I think it pretty funny to see all of us jump to answer such an obvious question.
Well played :)

Have a good night.

JMK
The weather is great in the mid to high 60's to mid 70's. Beautiful sunny days without having to deal with the extreme heat experienced out through the Caldecott Tunnel in Walnut Creek and the surrounding cities.
We will have an occasional 3 or 4 day period in the 90's but that is not the norm. I have lived in Alameda a long time and it seems the brief heat wave we may experience has only been happening for the last several years. Our most beautiful weather happens in the Fall--crisp and clear.

Susan Kaney
Heavenly !

I live here too and love it. Usually in the high 60's and 70's..

When it gets to the 80s and occasionally in the 90a it's a heat wave. Very few homes have air conditioning because we really don't need it

Best part. It's almost always sunny. We'll be walking along the beach with phenomenal view of San Francisco in the dog while it's sunshine and blue skies here
both Jean and I live here. it's beautiful. because we are surrounded by water it's always a little more mild.
the beach is also great and very shallow. it's heaven.
Hi stevemac213:

Amongst a bunch of other info about Alameda, the link below provides charts showing:

Average temperature, precipitation, humidity, wind speed, snowfall, sunshine, and cloudy days about half-way down the page.

http://www.city-data.com/city/Alameda-California.html

-Steve
Hi Steven
I am a native Alameda selling real estate here for 28 years. Most of the time the summer weather is in the high 60's to low 70's. Sometimes we have a heat wave in the 80's or 90's but not very often. We have an area in Alameda called the "Gold Coast" where San Franciscan's had vacation homes because Alameda weather was better than San Francisco. Hope you move here, you will like it.