Home Buying in Topsfield>Question Details

Gary Colwell, Home Seller in Topsfield, MA

what is the sense of showing the house but not able to look at the pictures without sending an e-mail to the Agent??

Asked by Gary Colwell, Topsfield, MA Sun Sep 29, 2013

Answers

6
Some people only get an outside photo in just to list it in time to make the paper. They will usually hire a stager or take interior photos at a later time.
Hi Gary,

One of the problems with sites on the Net that only sell ads or just collect email addresses to resell, is that the info on their pages is often meant to cause you to provide an email address and name or phone number for them to sell.

I'd spread the word to use actual real estate professionals' sites rather than ones where the correctness of the data is not as important as gathering and selling your name and email to the highest bidders.

(Please note: when you choose an answer as a Best Answer, or at least give a thumbs up, it helps those who answer questions here.)

http://www.robertpaul.com/agents/4799-Heath-Holly-Coker
It's possible that the agent had trouble uploading the photos for whatever reason, or it could have been by request of the seller or landlord. It's unusual and not exactly in the best interest of the property, but for the determined buyer, it may be a good opportunity. It is not necessarily indicative of a suspect property.

If one is reluctant to be barraged with unwanted contact from the agent in the future, one can always use mail filters or create a dedicated email address to filter unknown correspondence.

Of course working with a knowledgeable advisor who can also run interference for you could solve your problem as well.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 29, 2013
I would say it depends on which site you are using.

On my personal site, anyone is able to seethe full listing as well as photos. Also realtor.com will show all my photos.

Which site did you have difficulty with?

Debbie
Best place to start is to hire an Exclusive Buyer Agent to represent you. EBAs represent home buyers only, and work to get you the best price and most favorable terms. You can go to NAEBA.org for a referral to an EBA in your area.

I'm an EBA and I wrote a book called "Buying a Home: Don't Let Them Make a Monkey Out of You". It will be the best $6 you've ever spent. Follow the link below.

Best of luck!
This presents a potential buying opportunity for you, Gary, because a lot of prospective buyers will just ignore it. With reduced competition, you might be able to strike a very favorable deal. I'd go and see it ASAP.