Home Buying in New Hyde Park>Question Details

William Fond…, Home Buyer in Victor, NY

what is the property taxes in zip code 14424?

Asked by William Fondriest, Victor, NY Sun Feb 17, 2013

Answers

3
Anna Brocco’s answer
Property taxes do vary by exact location, size, schools, upgrades, etc.; if asking about specific properties consider working with an agent, or contact the local tax assessor's office with any questions...
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Feb 17, 2013
need a copy of my property tax
Hi, you can find the taxes specific to your property by going to the website, http://www.mynassauproperty.com. On there you can do a search for your home and you will be able to see your taxes/rates, etc.
Flag Thu Jul 18, 2013
Good morning William,

Property taxes vary greatly by municipality and location. Here's my advice for you as you shop for your home with regards to "best" and most accurate information on a property you wish to buy.

First steps:

1. Meet with a Local Mortgage Banker to get prequalified for mortgage financing. The Mortgage Banker will review all facets of your loan request to answer your questions with regards to the types of loans and maximum loan amounts you could qualify for. More to the point of your question, your Local Mortgage Banker will have a better sense of average property taxes for homes in the areas where you're shopping. For example, I can guesstimate taxes for properties in The Bronx or lower Westchester since I do a lot of business in those areas as a Mortgage Banker. Your Local Mortgage Banker will have similar experience in your area.

2. Find an experienced Local Realtor who works in your desired shopping area. A serious pro Realtor will refuse to show you homes until you are Prequalified for mortgage financing. Don't take offense! That Realtor doesn't want you to be disappointed and wants you to have a smooth experience as you shop for your new home. Your Local Realtor will have intimate knowledge of property taxes and can point you in the right direction on the best way to actually verify the taxes on your own (which I strongly recommend; never take the Seller's or MLS' word on property taxes). For instance, if you're buying in The Bronx, you can verify property taxes online with NYC. But in New Rochelle, you'd have to go to City Hall to the Tax Assessor's office in person.

Trevor Curran
Mobile: 516-582-9181
Office: 516-829-2900
Fax: 516-829-2944
PowerHouse Solutions, Inc.
185 Great Neck Rd, Suite 240
Great Neck NY 11021
Licensed Mortgage Banker – NYS Dept. of Financial Services
NMLS#3528

If you thought my answer was helpful, please give me a "Thumbs Up." Thanks!