Home Buying in 95391>Question Details

Mike, Home Buyer in here

what is the property tax rate in mountain house, ca?

Asked by Mike, here Mon Feb 4, 2008

Help the community by answering this question:

Answers

7
Steve, who told you 6k for water treatment facility? I've never heard of it.

Here is the tax info for you beans counters. I took this from a property assessed for $585,000
- Lammersville Unified $1486
- Water Investigation $3.32
- Mosquito Abatement $1.72
- Mosquito & Vector Ctl Benefit Asmt $7.02
- Haz waste Disposal $4.0
- Comm & Trans $1025.48
- Public Safely $505.32
- Public Works $96.28
- Park Rec & Comm $87.54
- Prop 13 standard 1% tax $5853.68
- general obligation refunding bonds 2004 $84.88
- SJ Delta College DS 2 $8.78
- general obligation refunding bonds 2006 $32.78
-Tracy Unified DS #2 $45.08
-Tracy Unified DS #3 $45.08

Yes, it is about 1.5% when you add everything up.
Web Reference: http://dc.pmz.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Apr 30, 2009
The approximate tax rate for Mountain House is approximately 1.0% and add an additional 0.5% for a total of 1.5% which includes the special taxes.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Thu Feb 18, 2016
47 admirable ln, Mountain House, ca-95391. what is the property tax?
0 votes Thank Flag Link Wed Oct 14, 2015
What's this I hear about having to pay something like 6k for a water treatment facility on the taxes?
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Mar 27, 2009
Hi Mike,

Toni is right use the 1.5% rate for Mountain House. The actual county tax is still 1% of the sales price just like everywhere else. the extra .5% is to cover "special taxes" that Mountain House has for the exact reason's Toni gave. It's a new city that started from scratch. They currently have no shopping or a high school...but they will! They do have their own fire department to keep you safe that way.

In Tracy you'll want to use 1.25% again 1% property taxes and .25% for special taxes and/or mello-roos tax. Homes built 1989 or newer will have the possibility to have mello-roos tax. Any home built prior to 1989 will not have mello-roos. There are a couple builders who pre-paid the mello-roos for each home therefore you can be living in a home built in 2003 but have no mello-roos tax. Here is something to make you crazy…each neighborhood can have a different mello-roos amount. That’s right, it depends on what mello-roos district the home is in. I used to live in district 87-9, I bought my home in 1994 and had a monthly mello-roos of a little over $100.00 but as there were more homes built in that district and the bond was paid down so did our monthly fee. When I last saw a natural hazards report for this district their mello-roos is down to $167.00 a YEAR. Soon that bond will be paid off and the homes in that district can say they have no mello-roos.

I find it interesting how cities like Mountain House and Patterson that dropped the word mello-roos. If you go to these area's and ask do you have mello-roos the answer is No. this is correct, they do not call it mello-roos but they have special taxes that total more than Tracy’s possible mello-roos. Mello-roos is a special tax that became a 9 letter word and thus the name was dropped by some cities.

Patterson’s special taxes total 238.00 a month when I last checked. This is huge! They also had no end in sight.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Thu Apr 3, 2008
The new home communities in Mt House are quoting 1.5%. I have lived in Mt House for almost 2 yrs and don't mind paying the extra portion of taxes for the ammenities that it provides. The higher tax rate pays for essential services lik police, fire, schools, etc. It also helps to pay for our new community library, beautiful parks and the Creek/Trail that will eventually connect to Old River, and the new Shea golf course. If you have any further questions about the community, just ask. I love Mountain House.
Web Reference: http://4SaleByToni.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Feb 12, 2008
can range from 1.15 to 1.25. Best of luck, It's a great time to buy in the Central Valley! "The Coach"
Web Reference: http://askEB.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Wed Feb 6, 2008
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer