Home Buying in Oakton>Question Details

Alonso Monta…, Home Buyer in Fairfax, VA

what is the meaning of: DOM info???? and NSP non proof? status:pending

Asked by Alonso Montalvo, Fairfax, VA Sat Oct 8, 2011

Answers

4
My colleagues below have provided excellent answers. Your Realtor..should be able to provide that info. to you. If you are not using one..you should strongly consider it. It costs you nothing more to use a professional well qualified Realtor..but it can cost you plenty if you don't.

If I can help..please contact me.

Kind Regards,

Erik J. Weisskopf, ABR,CDPE,CRS,GRI
Erik@AskMeAboutHomes.com
703.216.1222
An additional point about DOM.

DOM means "Days on Market"--how many days that house has been listed. It can also refer to average days on market--for instance, perhaps that average days on market for homes in Fairfax is 56 days. For accurate statistics, see http://nvar.com/monthly-sales-market-data-reports/august-2011

DOM for individual properties can be misleading. There's also DOMP--days on market for the property. A property might be put on the market, not sell in 180 days, be taken off the market, then put back on. A quick look might suggest that the property's only been on the market for 10 days. But DOMP would show not just the current 10, but also that previous 180.

A house with a significantly higher DOM than comparables can indicate that the house might be overpriced or doesn't show well.

0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Oct 9, 2011
Don Tepper, Real Estate Pro in Fairfax, VA
DOM = Days on Market
NSP = Neighborhood Stabilization Program (more info here: http://hudnsphelp.info/)
status pending = under contract

not sure what the agent means by "NSP non proof" - I would contact the listing agent for specifics on that one.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Oct 8, 2011
DOM means Days on the Market (how long the home has been for sale). NSP non proof means Neighborhood Stabilization Program (NSP) funds that Fannie Mae uses to assist Non Profit groups in purchase of Fannie Mae owned properties.
Status pending means the property has an accepted offer and is pending sale.

Hope this helps!
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Oct 8, 2011