Home Buying in Lake Oswego>Question Details

Vijay, Home Buyer in Portland, OR

what is the key points taken into consideration when buying a property in Lake Oswego?

Asked by Vijay, Portland, OR Thu Mar 14, 2013

Answers

4
Shawn Yu’s answer
Hi Vijay,
Lake Oswego is one of the top price point city in Portland Metro Area. It is really up to what you're trying to accomplish in buying. Depending on your answers to the below questions, everything changes:

Are you an investor or a parent home buyer?
What are some must-haves in the property?
... . . .
안녕하십니까, 안녕히 주무셨어요
The purchaser - Young professional, lived previously in Sydney, London, Tokyo and Seoul. Looking for an excellent property, reasonable price with lake view.(lake access property 97034). Please inform the best lake view property streets and houses available with age, price etc if you can. Thank you very much Shawn
Flag Mon Apr 8, 2013
Downtown Lake Oswego is where most all the action is! That is zip code 97034. A bit farther out is 97035 more rural neighborhoods. You pay more to be closer to downtown, and the lake, and the action. That is not to say some of the most beautiful homes with views are in the 97035 zip code. What do you prefer? I'm the Local Neighborhood Realtor in Lake Oswego. I live, work, and play here!
Loren 503-277-0797
Hi Vijay, if you are still interested in a lake view home in Lake Oswego I would like to tell you about some properties meeting your description. I can send you links to the listings so you can view them, I will need your email address. Please call me to discuss these opportunity properties 503-277-0797, Thanks Loren
Flag Mon Jan 20, 2014
Thanks Loren. Frist option is 34 and the secpnd option is 35. What is the best street to get a property with a lake view etc. Looking for a double storey growth oriented property in a very good location with lake view between 600-750k. Can you suggest something? Thanks, Vijay
Flag Wed Jul 3, 2013
Obviously prefer Downtown LO. What is the price difference in SQ FT between 97034 and 97035. Also, what is the best street in 97034 (view to lake) to buy a property where the increase can be more than other streets.
Flag Tue Mar 19, 2013
If you want a neighborhood then check out Westlake area. Good mix of international heritages. Great park for walking around, children of all ages can play. Excellent access to I5 and 217 for commuting and/or shopping (Costco-Home Depot-Lowes- and the malls).
I agree the first step is to determine how much you want to spend and what kind of home you would like to purchase. Do you see yourself living on the Lake? In the hills with a view of Mt. Hood, on small acreage in town or in the walkable First Addition Grid. There are many, many choices that will be affected by your budget, what size and style of home you would like and often where you work will impact which side of the lake you choose to live. I do know that after living and working in this wonderful community for many, many years you will love all that Lake Oswego has to offer. Please call if you would like some help.