Home Buying in Monroe>Question Details

Justaudrie, Home Buyer in Monroe, NJ

what is the guideline on pets at rossmoor as well as at neighboring adult communities?

Asked by Justaudrie, Monroe, NJ Tue Mar 8, 2011

Answers

3
John Sacktig’s answer
Hi Audrie,

The Rossmoor Community has 18 Mutual’s each Mutual is a separate corporation with its own set of by-laws, rules, etc. So, with that being said.... Most of the Mutual’s have a restriction of one dog and 2 cats; however I would need to know an address to give you an exact answer to your questions.

I know these developments very well and I am sure I can help you find the perfect new home!

Call or email and I can see what is available and we can find out and discuss the pet restrictions/ options in each area!

John Sacktig
Broker / Manager
Orange Key Realty
JSacktig@orangekeyrealty.com
Direct: 732-213-1409
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Mar 14, 2011
Most active adult communities permit pets, but each community associationmay have different restrictions. Most allow 2 pets, but some will add weight restrictions. I sold one community that restricted pets to uinder 25 lbs. Although there was no one actually weighing the pets it was written in the rules and quidelines and could be enforced if someone should complain. Please do your research so you do not have any surprises.
Also most communities will require your dog to be on a leash and most do not permit invisible fences.
These comments are really for homeowners, if you are going to be renting you must also consider the landlords restrictions, if the association allows pets your landlord may not. Call me if I can be of help.
Donna Levine,
Henderson Sotheby's International Realty 609-395-0444 or cell 732-718-4559
You are allowed to have pets in Rossmoor as well as the other retirement communities, but there are quidelines as to how many. I would be happy to explain all the details with you.
I look forward to hearing from you!
Kimberly Strych
Century 21 About Town Realty
26 West Railroad Avenue
Jamesburg, NJ 08831
732-521-5200 ext. 41
kimberly.strych@century21.com