Home Buying in Bensenville>Question Details

Liza, Home Buyer in 60106

what is the first step to buying a home? looking around or banks?

Asked by Liza, 60106 Thu Jun 18, 2009

Answers

9
1st step get pre-approved from a lender

BJ Patel
Loan Originator (IL)
1430 Branding Lane Suite 190
Downers Grove, IL 60515
Office: 630-423-3600 xt. 5711
Fax: 815-301-8309
bpatel@myccmortgage.com
http://www.myccmtg.com
The first steps when buying a house is to speak to a Realtor and have them take you through the whole process of buying. This will include explaining the lending process as well as the legal and home inspection process. That is the first stage, after you know what your budget is , then it's on to the FUN STUFF. What town do you want to live in? What style of house do you like? Is this your forever house or do want to buy a fixer upper as an investment? I have worked with many first time buyers and would like the chance to work with you.
Please contact me to set up a meeting where I can help you get started towards owning your own home
Jack Disimone
LW REEDY
630-251-8993
The first step is finding out if you can even get apporved for a loan, and if you can, for how much. This will let you know what and where you can afford to buy. You don't want to get your heart set on a house and then find out you can't afford it. Once you are approved and found an area that you can afford, you then need to find an agent that can help you. Looking on the internet is a great place to start, but some of the information can be outdated. An agent may have information on new listings that are not yet on the internet. They will also set up the appointments for you and guide you through the buying process. Make sure it's an agent that knows what they are doing and works in your best interest.
Liza, being pre-approved is a MUST in today's market. You will need a pre-approval letter if you want to submit an offer for a short sale, bank owned or HUD owned listing. Most experienced real estate agents have referrals for loan officers, home inspectors, contractors etc. therefore it may be a good idea to pick your agent first and then utilize the contacts he or she can provide! Good luck!
Hi Liza,

Your first step is always to obtain a mortgage. This will tell you:
How much you can buy
How much you will spend
What your payments will be
What programs you are eligible for.

If you buy and close on a property before December 1st, 2009, you would also be eligible for the First time Hombuyer tax credit of up to $8,000.00.

We will work with you by phone, fax, email, mail, whatever is most convenient for you. With over 13 years in the industry (and almost every certification known to man including the top certification in the Nation - the Certified Mortgage Consultant status), I have the expertise to assist you.

I want you to put a contract on a property with your head held high, secure in the knowledge that you have a mortgage, and can afford what you are buying.

Please look me up at http://www.marvelmortgage.com or call (773) 779-1190. i would love to walk this journey with you.

Nike Fasanya, CMC
President
Marvel Ventures Mortgage, Inc
Liza,

Your best bet is to get pre-approved with a broker or lender and then you know what your dollar amount for purchase will be. You will recieve a letter stating that you have been pre-approved. A realtor will more likely be willing to show you homes with this in hand.

If you need help in obtaining a pre-approval I will more than happy to work with you. Please click in my profile to read about me and read some of my financing blogs.

I am available during the week and weekends from 8am to 9pm.

David Cruickshank
Ardain Mortgage Corp
davidc@ardain.com
847-354-5455
Liza, This site is excellent and has many resources to help understand these steps...
Figure out how much you can afford
Know your rights
Shop for a loan
Learn about homebuying programs
Shop for a home
Make an offer
Get a home inspection
Shop for homeowners insurance
Sign papers
http://www.hud.gov/buying/index.cfm
This site also has much information you should read... http://portal.hud.gov/portal/page?_pageid=73,1827624&_da…

http://portal.hud.gov/portal/page?_pageid=73,1827630&_da…

Line up information for becoming informed then head to the "drug" store....

Dunes
If you are planning to finance the home, its always best to speak with a Lender and get Pre-Qualified. Once you know the price range you are able to purchase in, then you can begin your search.
You're going to need to know how you're going to pay for whatever you buy. I never go into a drug store without a payment form in mind; it's the same thing in house hunting. Get your loan lined up - then house hunt according to your budget