Home Buying in New Hampshire>Question Details

Ma, Home Buyer in New Hampshire

what is the cost to install a radon midigation system?

Asked by Ma, New Hampshire Fri Dec 30, 2011

Answers

8
Hi, It will vary based on how involved the system is that your needs require. They can range from $750 up to several thousands of dollars.

Chris
Here in NH I have seen them from $800 to $1500. You would be best served to get a couple of estimates direct from a radon mitigation company and compare them
Web Reference: http://www.ScottSellsNH.com
Ma, most of the systems in our area (NC) cost between $1,200-$1,500. There is some variations depending on the home; crawlspace vs slab, size of the footprint, ease to mitigate outside of the home, etc. You can call a local company and most are willing to give free estimates.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Dec 30, 2011
In my area, I see systems from $800-1500 for the range. It depends on how complicated the house is to get the piping thru.
A radon mitigation system is going to vary depending on the house (where it's venting "from" and "to")... and whether it's an active or passive system.

But I would think that something between $900 - $1,500 as Bill Burke mentions, sounds about right.
Alan May, Real Estate Pro in 60201
I had one installed in my home for $1100. Great product. Never know it's there.
I have had some of my past sellers get them installed for between $900 and $1500

Bill Burke
Keller Williams Realty Metropolitan
603-232-8282 x 2621
Email: billburke@kw.com
I am sure this may be different for different areas. In our area, you can expect to pay $650-1200 depending on all that is needed and wanted in the mitigation system install. Anything more thant that I would say you would be getting ripped off. Definiely call 3 contractors to get quotes. I had a client whose buyer had one installed in their home for $2500. They were not very happy with their contractor when they found out we had two quotes for under $800. Good luck.