Home Buying in Tottenville>Question Details

Lenny611, Home Buyer in Tottenville, Staten...

what is the cost to convert oil to gas?

Asked by Lenny611, Tottenville, Staten Island, NY Thu Jun 14, 2012

Answers

8
you are probably looking at around $5,000 to $8,000
I appreciate the estimate. I am considering an oil to gas conversion, but I need to know how much it will cost first. I think I can manage a $5,000 to $8,000 bill. If it is any more expensive, I will have to pass. I will get some estimates next week.

http://conservtoday.com/heating/
Flag Wed Nov 26, 2014
I suggest that you contact National Grid to check for any incentives they might be offering for gas conversions. It is in their best interest to help you become a customer. They paid for for my new boiler and brought the gas line up to the house (back in 2006).
A few months ago, I got estimates from a couple of different companies in Staten Island and they were all around $8,000. Because I needed it done immediately, I went with the company that had the equipment on hand. The others had to order equipment.
there are a lot of options when converting, check with a couple of companies. You are looking at least $5,000, but there may be some tax credits
For an accurate picture of costs, contact a few local heating experts and ask for free estimates; also check to see if any ncessary permits are needed beforehand...
Your best bet is to call a licensed heating contractor in the yellow pages or on line for an accurate estimate....