Home Buying in East Wareham>Question Details

Nautinanni, Home Buyer in East Wareham, MA

what is the cost of replacing a 5 br septic system? (failed title 5)

Asked by Nautinanni, East Wareham, MA Mon Jun 14, 2010

Answers

4
This is really not a question for a Real Estate professional. Although many of us have a good idea of the range you may be in, there are so many factors that determine the price it would be an injustice for us to guess.

The best advice I can give is get a minimum of three prices and check references! A simple search on google can get you started...See reference below.
Get a few estimates, its amazing how much they can vary.
Home buyer:

Depending upon the topography of the land the cost can really vary. In MA you need approx. 6 feet from the bottom of your leach field to your ground water so that has a tremendous impact on the cost of the system. I recommend having the land perked and then go from there. All the best.
The cost can be upwards of $10k to $20k, but it depends on a lot of factors such as how accessible the old tank is and how much excavating needs to be done. Also, they need to dispose of the old tank. I suggest that you contact a couple local septic companies and get an actual estimate for the home that you are inquiring about.