Home Buying in San Antonio>Question Details

gonzalo cast…, Home Buyer in 78222

what is the best way to look at homes when yuor stationed out of state before actually committing to buy?

Asked by gonzalo castillo, 78222 Wed Nov 23, 2011

Answers

15
start looking online for homes in the area you plan to move to. Good listings will have up to 25 pictures of the home's exterior and interior. but you will simply have to make time for a trip to the area you plan to move in to inspect the homes that most interest you in person.
San Antonio is a great place to live! We have a very good Real Estate Market that is affordable and offers many home choices in various price ranges. Step 1 find a realtor to assist you. At that point they can direct you to all the necessary steps needed to finding the perfect home. I have worked with many Military families moving here from out of state and would be happy to give you their names as references to my work habits and how I helped them with their out of state move.
I wish you the best of luck and thank you for your service to our country!
ALL LISTINGS HAVE PICTURES IN THE MLS LISTING. SOME HAVE AS MANY AS 25 PICTURES.

ONCE YOU HAVE COMMITTED TO A REALTOR AS A BUYERS AGENT, THEN HE OR SHE CAN GO PREVIEW HOMES IN THE AREA AND PRICE RANGE YOU ARE QUALLIFIED FOR.
YOUR AGENT CAN TAKE MORE PICTURES AS NECESSARY TO COMPARE THESE HOMES

EMAIL ME AT joecedillo@remax.net for more info or call me at(210) 421-5555 JOE CEDILLO, REALTOR
AT RE/MAX UNLIMITED.
.
Here's the quick answer.. as I do this for folks out of town ALL THE TIME... :) But then, I like to go the extra mile...

#1. I'll pull you a very detailed list of all the homes that fit what you are looking for in the area you would like to focus on.

#2. You pick out your top 5...

#3. I'll go buy and video the home for you and put the video up on YouTube.

Hard to beat that... No? :)

Jason C Campbell
210-389-5266
http://www.SAHomeExpert.com

.
Web Reference: http://www.SAHomeExpert.com
Hire me!, that way everything will be WAYYYYYYY easier for you and your loved ones.
Hi Gonzalo,

Looks like you are stationed at FT Bragg, NC. Lots of fun. I never had the opportunity to be stationed at FT Bragg while I was in, but visited there on a TDY trip at one time.

Anyway, Are you headed here to FT Sam Houston in the near future? You shouldn't really try to commit to buying a home until you are preapproved with a local lender and find a Realtor(r) to help you research different areas of San Antonio. There are ways you can search for homes on the internet, but until you are truly qualified, then you are in a sense window shopping for your next home.

I would be happy to help you begin your search and get you connected with a lender that can help you if you are planning to move here soon. We have a lot of inventory here in San Antonio Texas and the surrounding cities and I am positive we will find you a great home!

Feel free to contact me with any questions or just browse my website or my blog. Looking forward to hearing from you.

Brenda Mullen
Realtor(r), ABR
210-807-0819
brenda.mullen@sbcglobal.net
http://www.realestateconversationswithbrenda.com
Hello Gonzalo,

Looks like you have received some great information from local Realtors. Welcome to San Antonio, I was born here and know the city well, The first item I suggest you do is speak with a Lender, I have a great lender, she can help guide you through the lending process and if I may add, she is Awesome! Next, may I suggest that you sign with an agent with whom you feel comfortable with. All listings that meet your criteria will then be sent directly to your email. Having a friend or family member present at all viewings will certainly help. Please do call or contact me anytime, would love to help, I would love to interview for the position. Good Luck to you and do keep in touch! Have a great holiday!

Susan Casas
210-835-6696
The best way is to partner with a Realtor who can send you information on homes that suit your requirements. The Realtor can send you additional information about areas and schools, new homes and resale homes, and can help you locate suitable financing. You can do a lot with photos and the internet, but it would be very good for you to make at least one trip to make your final determination. This way you can decide on the area and home that really suits you the best. You may also want to talk to others who have been transferred to San Antonio and find out if there were areas they found to be better than others.
I hope you will find the right place for you and your family and I would be happy to help you.
Mavis Brown
MavisBrown.com
MavisBrown@RealtyExecutives.com
210-493-0020 x103
Gonzalo,

If you have to purchase without physically being here you should be extremely detailed in what you are looking for and how you spend your time around the house. I've helped several buyers buy that haven't seen their property before the purchase but because that's a huge responsibility I would always ask if there was a second set of eyes (relative or friend) who could also view the property. It' also very important to know how many parking places will be needed, what is important and rate the importance (covered porch, yard size, kitchen or storage, etc.). Then I would take additional photos, video the home and even come up with a rough house plan.

If you are just looking you can ask your agent to set you up on a multiple listing search that sends properties to your email and request the amenities you are interested in or the style of home. You can use exterior features, 1 story or 2, culdesac, gas cooking, school district, zip code, fire place, pool, neighborhood amenities, and many more searchable features. Just remember, the more features you request, the more homes that are ruled out. You can also choose to search yourself.

Happy House Hunting!!
Hi Gonzalo,

I would call or email a few Realtors to get a feel for one that would be compatible with you.
Hope you have a great Thanksgiving!!

Tabitha King
This is very common. I suggest you spend some time finding yourself a realtor that your trust and feel comfortable with. While you are out of state, not only can they send you listing from the MLS , pictures, facts about the area but they can go above and beyond and preview home for you. This is what signing buyers representation contracts is all about. Realtors do want to work for clients who are able to commit to working together. If realtors find clients that are willing to commit to them the realtor will also commit to them 150% and go above and beyond. Going above and beyond can look different for each client but includes not only the MLS listings via email but actually going out and setting appointments with listing agents of homes you may want to see and your personal realtor will do all the leg work for you and look at houses you may like. The realtor will know this because before signing any buyers representation contracts the buyer and the realtor share in a presentation of needs, wants, must haves in order to engage in an efficient and successful buying process. Then once you have narrowed homes down that your realtor has already previewed you plan a trip to to see all the homes you chose.This allows you to enjoy the buying process!
Even though you may not be ready to purchase yet, consider working with an agent, he/she can e-mail you suitable listings, provide any necessary information, etc.; that way, when you are ready to buy, an informed decision can be made...
Hello Gonzalo Castillo,
Sounds like you're a military member who's planning ahead! I can tell you from my experiences with trying to buy a house while stationed out of state that the smartest thing you can do is get a tech saavy realtor who knows the area and who'll be able to show you what's available electronically. This saves a tremendous amount of time and makes getting down to that short list of options easier. I'll be happy to help you with that to make your next move a breeze! Please contact me with your criteria and we'll get started. I look forward to working with you and hope to hear from you soon!
To begin with I cannot strongly recommend enough that under no circumstances should you ever buy a home without having personally having seen it.

I would suggest spending a little time on the phone to find a good Buyer Broker that you can work with. I recently posted a blog here on Trulia all about how to find a good Realtor and have posted the link below.

Once you've gotten set up with a Realtor to work with, they can send you listings that meet your parameters and these should include pictures as well as all the basic data. When you see properties that interest you you could then call your Realtor and ask them to preview the property for you so that they can answer any questions you might have. They could also take additional pictures for you.

When you've identified half a dozen or so homes that you're really interested in I would suggest you plan a visit to view them for yourself.

Hope this helps, and I wish you a happy Thanksgiving holiday and happy house hunting.
Dear Gonzalo Castillo,

You can log into my website http://www.SAHomes4Sale.net. You will have access to all the properties for sale in and around San Antonio. Contact me anytime if you have any questions.

Claudia McShane
Joyce Klein Realtors
210-744-4502
The_Realtor4U@yahoo.com
Web Reference: http://www.SAHomes4Sale.net