Home Buying in Plano>Question Details

Jill, Both Buyer and Seller in Plano, TX

what is the best family neighborhood to live in Plano, TX? Good schools, friendly neighbors, custom homes

Asked by Jill, Plano, TX Sun Jun 8, 2008

under $500,000.?

Answers

13
What is the best neighborhood in Plano for homes under $300,000?
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Jan 12, 2013
what is the best neighborhood for active retired person to live in plano texas area
Sorry didn't see that it's an old thread.
If you are spending around 500k then better to look in 75093 in West Plano and stick to Plano schools. There are many communities there that meets your requirements. Do check out Cypress Point and Cypress Creek, nice custom homes on .25 acre lots with creek & lake views, top west Plano schools, walk to Willow Bend Mall and Arbor Hill nature reserve and other amenities, very easy access to all three tollways.
I agree as I live in that area and absolutely love it.
Flag Mon Jun 25, 2012
Deerfield is a great location in Plano. You can't go wrong with Deerfield.
Deerfield is a great choice. There are about 750 homes located in the Deerfield comunity, and it is considered a very safe neighborhood. It's a 5 minute drive to the local mall and a 10 minute drive to the new high tech Tom M. Rec Center. Homes in this area range from $350+.
I am looking under $500,000 with club house, pool, large playground, kid friendly
Deerfield is one of my favorite neighborhoods in this price range. Stay away from Lewisville schools in far West Plano. Anything that feeds into Plano West high school is very good.
Another area I like a lot is Forest creek. It is off of Coit and Hearst Castle.
I have been helping two different buyers in your price range the last few months and those are the two areas they have liked the best too.
If you have not found an agent yet, please give me a call or shoot me an email,
Cyndie Gawain
214-669-9920
dallas.best.realtor@gmail.com
Jill....lots to choose from.....
I like Shoal Creek...near Tollway and Spring Creek
Cypress Creek near Prestonwood CC
Willow Bend near Tollway and Park
Willow Bend lakes near Tollway and Park

Some might depend on schools, where you work, what style of house you like, how much yard, cc living, etc. Those are some of the neigbhorhoods I'd look at first.
Web Reference: http://www.teamlynn.com
Bruce Lynn, Real Estate Pro in Coppell, TX
Hi Jill,

I would highly recommend Kings Ridge which goes to Hebron High School and is very highly rated. See http://www.greatschools.net. It's also in Denton County, so your taxes will be a little lower and you'll get a break on car insurance as well. It's a family friendly community and has brand new construction with custom builders if that's your bent.

Another jewel of Plano is Willow Bend Lakes and Willow Bend North. This is an older, more established neighborhood built in the 80s with huge mature trees. It's in the highly rated Plano ISD school system. One of my clients was recently telling me she felt comfortable walking around the n-hood in her pj's at 3AM if she wanted. She just felt safe there.

Stoney Hollow does offer some beautiful custom homes in the price range also with Plano ISD and just minutes from the 320 acre Bob Woodruff Park, horse farms, equestrian centers, and Los Rios Country Club. It's a brand new community and off of 75 instead of the Tollway, so it all depends on where you are going to be, what's going to be your center of activities, what will be most convenient for you?

Hills of Spring Creek has some fantastic new builds with Standard Pacific custom (one of Sotherby's dba's) again off of 75 which runs North and South through Dallas. Plano ISD again, but all different schools than most of the other community feeders.

At Kings Lake, you have some King's Hollow Builders custom builds which have unusual elevations, gas lanterns and cedar garage doors. This community feeds into again Hebron High School in Lewisville ISD.

Hope this is helpful,
Terri Hayley
Jill,
Plano is very family oriented, there are many many neighborhoods to choose from. Plano schools are highly acclamated especially in the West Plano area. Many elementary schools have exemplary ratings. What grades are important to you?

Deerfield is one of my favorite neighborhoods located at Coit and Legacy. It's established with mature trees, very active HOA, Christmas and halloween decorations are a big to do... they also have new construction if that interests you a lot.

Of course, there are many more, it would all depend on your taste too.

I hope this helps and I'll be very happy to assist you if you need us.

Naima
214-289-8555
naima@sumner-realty.com

Naima
Web Reference: http://www.sumnerrealty.com
There are many wonderful neighborhoods to live in Plano. I have been serving the Plano market for over 33 years and one of services is to locate the homes people are interested in and in the areas that wish to live based on the proximity to good schools, shopping and distance to work. There area many reputable custom home builders in the area. There are approximately 56 homes with or without pools from 450,000 to 500,000 available in the Plano area. Some of these are custom built and some are from premier volume home builders. Wiffletree has some beautiful custom homes but they were built in the 80's. There are some beautiful homes on the market in Stoney Hollow built in the early 2000. Kings Ridge also has some wonderful new homes that you may wish to consider as well. We help over 100 people each year with their real estate needs and if you would like to speak to me personally about the area, I would be more than happy to give you my personal opinion. We are very honest and hardworking for our clients and you will not find us using gimmicks to attract clients, only honest and providing 100% client satsifaction. Please contact: Roxanne DeBerry at 214-676-8040 or email me at roxanne@thedeberryteam.com. Thank you for allowing me to be of service.
We offer a Dallas home buyers rebate program earn up to 50% of our commissions

If you searching for a Plano homes for sale, visit my website http://www.lynn911.com there is over 250 Plano homes for sale including foreclosures. However Willow Bend area has homes in the $500K range. that area of Plano ISD is highly recommended.

NOTE: Don't purchase a home from a builder, seller, or listing agent unless you have your own agent working on your behalf we answer so many calls a day and emails when there are problems to late for a realtor to become involved. You would fall under a realtors e & o insurance.

There are some areas of Dallas that have Plano ISD off Frankford & Campbell, on west side of Tollway Spring Creek area are some wonderful areas with views .

It all is a matter of lifestyle and etc. then I can further assistant in several areas. I have been in some GREAT Plano foreclosures move in quality

Contact my office if I can be of further assistance
972-699-9111
http://www.lynn911.com