Tina, Home Buyer in New Providence, NJ

what is the best area in new providence to buy?

Asked by Tina, New Providence, NJ Sun Jan 16, 2011

Answers

8
I live in New Providence and am not a realtor, so I am answering from the perspective of a parent and resident. First, New Providence is a GREAT community--wonderful schools, great access to NYC for commuters, and a great quality of life. You will love it! Things to watch out for? Houses near the Passaic river might be in a flood plain, there are also power lines down in that area that run through some of the residential parts. Murray Hill is a great area for getting more "bang for your buck"--houses tend to be larger than areas like the Fellsway. Avoid homes on busy roads--these almost never sell easily or quickly. Finding a home that is near the train (but does not have the train tracks in your yard) is fine--easy access to the train is a plus for NYC commuters. Hope this helps, and good luck!
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Mar 30, 2011
Hi Tina,
There are different residential areas of New Providence depending on your price range. Also as Spring season approaches there will be more homes coming on the market. If you would like more information on the town of New Providence: http://www.newprov.org or for the schools http://www.npsd.k12.nj.us.

I live in Berkeley Heights and my office is in Summit. Let me know if I can send you some listings.

Judy Croneberger
Coldwell Banker
email: Judith.Croneberger@cbmoves.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Jan 16, 2011
Carolyn gave you a great response - it is so good to hear from consumers and in this case a resident - you can surely benefit from the perspective of someone who is living in the community.

There are some really nice homes on the market right now in New Providence several of which have had price reductions that make them very interesting. Carolyn is right - keep your eyes, ears and nose open so you can detect proximity or exposure to issues such as power lines, train tracks and water. But clear those obstacles and you have found yourself a great community.

If I can be of service, don't hesitate to ask.

Jeanne Feenick
Unwavering Commitment to Service, Unsurpassed Results
Web Reference: http://www.feenick.com
I'm a full time Realtor living and working in New Providence. My children go to the New Providence public schools and I'm abundantly familiar with the neighborhoods in this community. New Providence is a wonderful community for many reasons--great schools, great commute to NYC (with 2 train stations), & low crime rates. There is a tremendous sense of community here and people are truly neighborly. For re-sale purposes it is best to avoid busier county roads, power lines and flood zones.
Hi Tina,
I am a life long resident of Berkeley Heights, which is located right next to New Providence. The answer to your question would depend on your price range. I would be more than happy to provide you with listings in the area and to answer any questions you may have. Please feel free to contact me through my profile here on trulia: http://www.trulia.com/profile/geraldlight/

Gerald Light
Hey Tina,
New Providence is a small borough between Summit and Berkeley Heights. It depends on your price range, Most area in New Providence are very good as long not too close to big road and train track. Murray Hill section is very good for 600k to 800k range. Please contact me if you need farther help.
Tina - You can't go wrong with any areas in New Providence, stellar schools, terrific small town and neighborthood.
John
Hi Tina,
New Providence covers approx 3.6 square miles connecting Summit to Berkeley Heights. There are currently 34 homes on the market. All areas are lovely, some with more land and country setting as the CountrySide Section of town. You may need to be in close proximity to Rte 78 or easily accessible to the train station. So you may prefer those neighborhoods. Figure out your price range and take a look at all that is available and get a feel for what you and your family like. Have an real estate agent give you a tour of the town.

If you would like help , I work in the area and would be happy to assist you.

Carol Eisenstein

Prudential New Jersey Properties
email carol.eisenstein@prudentialnewjersey.com

.