MsLou32837, Home Buyer in Saint Petersburg, FL

what is the best area in St Pete to live My husband, daughter and I were just down to st Pete, stayed at the Don Caesar hotel. Loved the beach!!

Asked by MsLou32837, Saint Petersburg, FL Sat Jul 20, 2013

Answers

9
Downtown St. Petersburg and Old Northeast are great areas t olive close to beaches and walking distance to hotels and attractions.
I work with a number of people relocating from other areas and it all depends upon your needs and wants and the price range in which you want to be.

I would welcome the opportunity to be of assistance.

Terry A Yimin
Broker Associate
USAA Preferred Agent
Century 21 Shaw Realty Group

727-254-0550
terry.yimin@century21.com
Ms Lou,

As you can see from all the responses it all depends on YOU and your family's needs and wants. Are you looking for a vacation home or a permanent residence? Are Schools a consideration? Work commute time? Price range and size? There are a lot of questions to help find you the right match. Often people start out with one concept of what they want and after talking and looking what they end up wanting and getting may be quite different.

My suggestion would be to interview full time professional realtors to find one you are comfortable with and then have a consultation regarding your wants and needs so that they can customize you search and hone in on the right property.

I feel an informed client makes the best decisions regarding their real estate needs. Let me know if I can be of assistance.

Pam Cohn
Broker Associate, GRI, SFR, NHS
Real Estate Consulting, Marketing & Sales
Prudential Tropical Realty
2539 Countryside Blvd #3 Clearwater, FL 33761
pcohn@prutropical.com
727-204-7155

The St. Pete Beach and Pass-A-Grille areas are awesome! Vina Del Mar is just south, and the Isla Del Sol and Tierra Verde areas are great, too. It really depends upon your needs. If you love the beach and want to be near the sand, you will need to decide on condominium vs. single family. If you choose to purchase a single family home, you need to consider its use. Is it a get-away vacation home or will it be a permanent residence? You'll want to consider price, as well. Treasure Island has some wonderful buys right now and going north, Madeira Beach, Redington, and Indian Shores are communities to consider.

Enjoy your search for the perfect place for you!

Sincerely, Carol
Greetings Ms Lou,
There are many places that you could live that are close to the beach. Even if you lived on the bay side, you could get to the beach in about 20-25 minutes even at it's widest point. Some of my best pick neighborhoods near the beach but on the mainland side would be Seminole and Belleair. The Old Northeast just north of downtown St Petersburg if you like more urban living. Downtown St Pete is really nice now. Of course you have many communities all along the barrier islands next to the beach up and down Pinellas County along Gulf Blvd. For about a minimum of $450k, you could find a decent house on the water. Tierra Verde would also be a pick for a great neighborhood close to the beach and right near the Don Cesar. Call me, I would love to help you.

Barry Smith
Excellent Service Realty
727-773-6677
Ms Lou, St. Petersburg offers such diverse lifestyle opportunities that I suggest that you contact me to discuss your favorite activities and past times so that I might offer suggestions on areas that will best suit you. Our beaches are wonderful; areas near downtown are closer to the arts and museums (but only a short trip to the beaches); if you are involved in outdoor activities such as biking or running you might consider a home near the Pinellas Trail. A Realtor will be able to provide insight to the many opportunities that our wonderful area has to offer.
That is a tough question to answer as it all depends on your preferences. Would you enjoy being near the beach? If so, there are some great condos and homes in St. Pete Beach, Madeira Beach, Redington Beach, Treasure Island, etc. However, they can be pricey. Another great area just off the beaches is Seminole. There are lovely homes and condos at much more reasonable prices. Or, perhaps being near the action of downtown St. Pete is to your liking. Again, depending on your price range, you could look downtown itself, in Old Northeast, or in Pinellas Park.
Well that is just a matter of opinion. Living near the beach has it's pros and cons. For example its a flood zone area but its close to the beach. Maybe in higher ground would take you farther from the beach but closer to I275. And what would you be looking for? Single family home, gated golf community, condo? We have areas of newer construction, or areas of bungalow style homes that were built in the 20's. There are lots of questions that would need to be answered before finding the "best" area that would be right for you and your family.

Tara May Webster Realtor
Your Neighborhood Realty Inc
TaraSellsStPete@gmail.com
727-542-4219
The beach communities are very nice but if price is a consideration, the west/central area of St. Petersburg are a great option.