Home Buying in Tega Cay>Question Details

Hprentice, Home Buyer in Tega Cay, SC

what is the average price per square foot of sold properties in tega cay, sc?

Asked by Hprentice, Tega Cay, SC Sun Mar 4, 2012

I failed to say that Kelly is fantastic!
Tracey is right.....average price per square foot is just a guideline and shouldn't be the only thing taken into consideration when purchasing.
I also help Kelly write the article in the My Carolina Home Town magazine for Fort Mill and Tega Cay, but wanted to add something else to Kelly's reply. Looking at the solds from just the beginning of this year..the new home community at Lake Ridge's adverage price per square foot was $87, compared to Lake Shore that was selling on adverage $96 a square foot. Keep in mind this is only the adverage and shouldn't be the hard rule of thumb when buyig or selling. There are many factors that come into effect..condition of the home and location. I hope this helps!
Hi Hprentice,
I write an article each month for My Carolina Town Magazine/Tega Cay (and Fort Mill), Each month I report on the solds and the active homes on the market. Last month I reported this:
Year in review for Tega Cay:
The 2010 year saw a total of 112 homes sold with an average price of $281,884. Compare this to 2011 in which 137 homes sold with an average sold price of $276,144.00. It’s interesting to note that even though more homes sold in 2011, the average sold price decreased. In addition, the average days on market in 2010 was 136 days compared to 116 days in 2011. This tells me that it may be possible that sellers are getting smarter about their pricing, thus reducing their days on market. This pricing could also be attributed to the fact that more homes sold instead of simply expiring or being withdrawn by the seller. These figures also include new construction sales including the Lake Ridge community in Tega Cay. The prices on the homes sold in 2011 range from $51,000 to $420,000.
In Answer to your Question:
The average price per square foot for single family homes SOLD IN TEGA CAY from Jan 1, 2012-March 3, 2012 was $89.58. This figure is from the Charlotte Multiple Listing Service. The average days on market was 158 days and the list to sales price ratio was 96%.
Feel free to contact me if you have any further questions about these statistics, Thank you