Home Buying in Pinehurst>Question Details

Clp, Other/Just Looking in Bethesda, MD

what is the average price of horse property land (i.e.price per acre) within 10 miles of Pinehusrt/Southern Pines?

Asked by Clp, Bethesda, MD Thu Jan 13, 2011

Answers

5
It is possible to find appropriate land for horses for as little as about $6000/acre in some areas of Moore County. It is also possible to spend as much as $50,000 or even more an acre, particularly for horse country land in Southern Pines, that abuts the Walthour Moss Foundation land. It is difficult to pick an number as an average price per acre, as besides location, amenities such as fencing, outbuildings, water, and condition of pasture play a part in pricing and one might expect to pay less per acre for a larger parcel than a 5 or 10 acre piece.
Hope this is helpful, although not very definitive. I would be happy to help you in finding the right piece for you.
Call me if I can be of assistance--910-315-9977.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Jan 13, 2011
The prices of horse properties vary, depending on closeness to larger parcels or So.Pines. I have seen properties from as low as $15,000 per parcel and as high a $100,000 depending on size. Size does matter when talking about parcels of land. Also if it has water, electricity, and power available to the site. You can always go to my website and get more information, http://www.pinehursthomes4sale.com if you would like more information please feel free to contact me @mobrien@prudentialpinehurst.com
Prices vary depending on how close you get to Horse Country in Southern Pines. I have seen if for a low of $10,000 and acre to $50,000. Some is dedicated equestrian land; other is zoned residential/agriculture and gives you a bit more latitude in what you intend to do with it. Please feel free to email me directly at donnachapman@nc.rr.com and I will send you the most current listings on land.
Clp, I realize I mentioned the Walthour Moss Foundation, assuming you might now what that is. Just in case you don't, here's a link to their website: http://www.walthour-moss.org/index.php
The Foundation land is used largely for equestrian pursuits and the most valuable horse farms in the area abut the property, allowing one to go directly from the barn to the trails of the Foundation. It consists today of over 4000 acres, preserved in perpetuity, in the heart of Southern Pines "horse country." One might consider the Foundation land itself the heart of :"horse country."

Here's a link to the current listings that come up in a search for "horse farms" in our MLS:
http://www.mlsfinder.com/nc_pspaar/jillford/index.cfm?action…
As Jill already mentioned, it is a bit difficult to an exact price/per acre on horse property here in Moore County. There is SO MUCH to choose from, so the prices are across the board! A more detailed answer could be given if we knew how much land you need/want, are you going to build?, do you want fencing & barn in place?, etc. etc. etc.

Moore County has many beautiful equestrian communities and I'm sure that there is something out there that would fit your needs and budget. I, personally, do not specialize in horse properties but I have a very good realtor friend who does...so, call me (910.315.5758) if you would like a referral.

Have a great weekend!