Home Buying in El Paso>Question Details

Hal Denton, Real Estate Pro in Sonora, CA

what is the average length of time on market for a home in the $125,000.00 range?

Asked by Hal Denton, Sonora, CA Wed Mar 19, 2014

Answers

2
Here's a fast ball park answer. 6 months. I think that's what you are looking for. Priced right, a hell of a lot less. With me, even faster. Hope that helps.
Hal, I believe any of us who wanted to provide a reliable answer to your question would need more information. First of all, the value of a home is going to be based on the features of the home, its age, the condition of the home and the property, the local market, and other variables. For instance, is it close to a well-respected school? Is there a landfill across the street from the subject property? What are similar homes in the nearby area selling for? How quickly are they staying on the market? Have you listed the home with a Realtor(R), or are you wishing to do a For Sale by Owner?
Let me mention one more item. A $125,000 home a few miles away from Nashville, Tennessee might sell very quickly -- within days -- whereas the same-priced home in Sonora, California might not primarily due to condition.
There is no easy way to answer without more info. If $125,000 is well below market value in its given neighborhood and the home is in good/great shape you're days on the market may be less than 60. If however, the $125,000 price point is way above market value for that particular property you could sit on it for a LONG time in today's marketplace. - Henry Van, Vrealty
Flag Mon May 12, 2014