Home Buying in Lakewood>Question Details

Buzz, Home Owner in Pearland, TX

what is the average homeowners insurance in lakewood on $250,000 - $300,000 home.?

Asked by Buzz, Pearland, TX Fri Nov 2, 2012

I am just looking for an estimate on homeowners insuarnce to complete a mortgage payment calculation.

Answers

8
You have an Insurance Agent for your car?
Talk to them;
They like to BUNDLE!
It really is cheaper; probably.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Nov 2, 2012
It should be less than $90/mo depending on what kind of coverage you need.
With all the losses in Co due to hail over last five years all previous calculations are out the window. Colorado rates have increased as the last five+ years have been unprofitable. Used to be some of the lowest rates in US. No more. Companies have required large deductibles, some non renewing- one carrier even stopped insuring in Co.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Nov 10, 2012
Buzz--$1000.00 to $1200 based on age of roof etc.Would love to be more specific--call me 303-987-9076. Chris Weatherman 25 year agent Lakewood Co.
Thanks everyone. Your answers have given just what I need to calculate a (guesstimate) mortgage payment.
Buzz,

If you shop around I think you will find the average to be $800 -$1000 per year. Call my Farmers agent, Linda Martin at 303-252-9373 for a quote to get a good professional opinion. If you need any more help let me know. We are here for all of your real estate needs.

Robert McGuire ASR
Realtor/Consultant
Your Castle Real Estate
Direct - 303-669-1246
http://about.me/robertmcguire33
Genie, I think your numbers are off. Maybe you mean per YEAR?? I've never heard of home owners insurance costing 1K a month for a moderately priced/sized home. That's crazy!

Buzz, it all depends on your insurance company. I had clients get a quote for $900/year for a 2,000 sf house ($185K), so I referred them to my insurance company -- Andy Goldfarb with Shelter Insurance -- and he was able to get them down to $600 or so. Shop around!
Usually around $1100/year .Call me if you need any help or if you would like to see any houses:)