Home Buying in Pearland>Question Details

James Auzenne, Home Buyer in Magnolia Plantation,...

what is the avarage sale price per square feet in pine lawn area in pearland tx. I see a home that I am interested in .

Asked by James Auzenne, Magnolia Plantation, Sugar Land, TX Sun Nov 21, 2010

Answers

3
I do not know of anything in Pearland called Pine Land... If you are referring to Pine Hollow, the avg price per foot is about $65.00 over the last 12 month...
James,
Average price per square foot is useful only if you buy the average house. Dollars per square foot is only useful when comparing very similar homes. Similar in age, style, upgrades bedroom & bathroom count on similar sized lots with similar views.
A home on a waterfront lot will be worth more per square foot than the same home on a busy street. High end kitchens & baths cost more to build than basic ones, but if there are two homes of the same size on the same street, but one is fully decked out and the other is basic, the nicer home would command more.
I see buyers get hung up on this figure and ignore good counsel from their agents who know and work the local market, please don't make this mistake.
Get an agent who will represent your needs very well, ask them to show you the home you are interested in and a couple others. Then have them do a Comparative Market Analysis before you write any offers. I hope things go well for you.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Nov 21, 2010
The average price per square feet is $73 according to Trulia.

http://www.trulia.com/real_estate/Pearland-Texas/

I would encourage you to contact a local real estate agent and ask them to represent you as a buyer's agent. Part of a buyer's agent services should include providing you with a CMA report so you can judge a home's value prior to you making an offer. I always encourage my buyer clients to look at comps before making offers.
Web Reference: http://teamlefebvre.net