kcastillo612, Home Buyer in East Orange, NJ

what is munn ave in east orange, NJ like? the neighborhood and the people and the safety?

Asked by kcastillo612, East Orange, NJ Sat Aug 25, 2012

im planning to move to Munn Ave in East Orange, NJ but im being told its a bad area, i dont know what to do.

Answers

4
doitright’s answer
Munn Ave is the not greatest area, but they are trying to build it up. The problem is they have to get rid of the older building and continue to put up new ones. Take a care around the area, if it does'nt look safe then 9 time out of 10 it isn't safe.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Oct 27, 2012
Some people consider all of East Orange a bad area
It is all relative to what you are comparing it to.
Compared to Harlem East Orange is like Plesantville USA

I know on Munn and S Munn there are some highrise buildings with doorman that are really nice.
Some people will tell not safe and some will tell you it is.

Really are we safe anywhere? Guy got shot yesterday in front of Empire state building.

Pray the God will keep safe where ever you go.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Aug 25, 2012
Compared to Harlem? My cousin, brother, and a few in-laws live there. Do you know a thing about Harlem, other than how to spell it? You ignorant stereotyping is/should be embarassing to someone who has PRO under his name. I have lived and worked in East Orange since 1985 -- and I am a "white boy" Your generalization about East Orange -- Pleasantville USA??? -- perhaps I take you to SOME BLOCKS in East Orange that you will find unpleasant. Harlem: use Wikipedia and type: Striver's Row. And finally, my cousin's apartment -- a modest 2 bedroom, in Harlem recently appraised at $600,000. She paid $180,000 about 10 years ago. Guess what? The white people are going!! Shame on you.
Flag Wed Oct 24, 2012
It is not a safe area at all.
If you can, drive by the area to get a feel of it before you officially move there.
Visit http://www.city-data.com to get more info on the area and you can also contact the local
police department for crime reports.

~Best~