Home Buying in Hingham>Question Details

Melissa, Home Buyer in Brookline, MA

what is hingham ma like?

Asked by Melissa, Brookline, MA Tue Jan 22, 2013

Answers

14
Hingham is wonderful for all ages; great school systems and playgrounds for children. I have two children myself. I have been involved in the board of the Hingham Newcomers Club for 3 years and we have many wonderful events for residents. The Hingham Shipyard now offers good food, stores, and soon a Trader Joes. We have no shortage for food shopping in Hingham which includes Fresh Market, Stop and Shop, Whole Foods, Fruit Center, and Hannafords right over the Norwell line. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to reach out. Best Tricia Powers Tricia.Powers@Raveis.com/617-549-2813
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Feb 15, 2013
Wonderful welcoming community great for all ages. Wonderful public schools and private schools right in Hingham. Lots of restaurants, shopping, parks and terrific commuting options including the Greenbush train line and the commuter boat right into Boston. All sorts of housing options from Antiques, new construction, cul de sac neighborhoods, waterview and waterfront single family homes
to condos and over 55 communities. Great place to live!
Important info left off previous blog. Condos at Beal's Cove are amazingly available at around $160,000 and up..The condo market is off at the moment and a fantastic buy.
Don't overlook the condos available in Hingham. Built in 1979 the beautiful hidden jewel of Hingham is Beal's Cove Village offering garden one and two bedrooms and two bedroom townhouses in a bucolic environment easily accessible to public transportation via the bus to Quincy, Green bush commuter line and water ferry service to Boston. Beal's Cove is an easy walk to the booming Hingham Shipyard development with top restaurants on the water and shopping at top of the line markets Stop and Shop, Fresh Market and Trader Joe's due to open shortly. A Marshall's and plenty of fitness clubs. Beal's Cove has a pool as well as direct access to the Bare Cove walking park with trails leading all the way to South Shore Conservatory. This place is an excellent entry to life in wonderful Hingham, farmer's market, great town center and all. Good for starting out or downsizing. Close to Hingham Beach and has a vibrant Senior Center for those seeking such.
Hingham is a spectacular seaside community with easy access to Boston and a great school system. Hingham has a vibrant downtown and has sidewalks thru out the town making it a very walkable . The real estate market is very strong right now and inventory in the $600,000-$850,000 price point is very limited!
Hi, You can visit http://www.HomeFair.com and click on the city reports section for in-deoth crime stats and area demographics. They also have a great side by side zip code comparison feature.

Chris
Check out the shopping complex just of Route 3 where the Whole Foods shop is and you'll see Hinghamites.
Drive the town and you'll find various eras of homes and levels of success.
We have an aunt and uncle who live there and who raised their kids there.

(Please note: when you choose an answer as a Best Answer, or at least give a thumbs up, it helps those who answer questions here.)
I have to agree with Jo... drive through Hingham and you will see some specatcular homes! I have been caught rubber-necking, just enjoying the quintessential New England ambience. Hingham's accessibility to the city is a definite asset and the amenities such as shopping and dining Hingham offers are great, as indicated by other posts. You will generally find a higher price tag that comes along with this compared to some communities further away from Boston.
Melissa, , great community, depends what communities your comparing it to and the price range your in.
Melissa, as you have seen from the other posters - it's a great town to live in. Having said that, the real question is: wether it is the right town FOR YOU to live in... Other south shore towns also have a lot to offer. Bottom line, many consideration play a role.

A full time realtor, who knows the South Shore can help identify your needs and the current market opportunities. I'd be glad to consult with you. Some basic info about me on Trulia and @ http://activerain.com/stapelfeld
Hi Melissa,
Hingham is one of those New England towns that has a old world feel. Wonderful Center with shops and resturaunts, it also has many other areas of town to keep you and your family entertainted. The new Shipyard is another meeting place with a movie theater as well fine dining and shopping, the Derby Street Shops, the Waterfront, and the parks. It also has 2 Commuter Train Stops as well as the Boat to Boston. It's worth a drive around, no matter what area you are in you will be pleased.
Hingham is a great family friendly town. For people working in Boston you can take the commuter boat or train. About 30-35 mn away from Boston.
Town offers lots of activities throughout the year. I moved to Hingham 4 years ago with my 4 kids and really am glad I did!
Hi Melissa,
Hingham is a beautiful South Shore town rich in history. Here is a link to the town website: http://hingham-ma.com/ where you can find additional information about local schools, events, and more. I would be happy to help you find the home that is right for you in the Hingham area. Feel free to contact me at (781) 363-0485.
Great near the train or the boat to Boston. Nice shops and restaurants in the downtown area. Town owed golf course,beach and Marina