Home Buying in Chicago>Question Details

Realhandyman…, Home Buyer in Chicago, IL

what is exit strategy?

Asked by Realhandymanmichel, Chicago, IL Sat Sep 28, 2013

Answers

15
Michel,
I have an exit strategy.
Bill has an exit strategy.
Garrett has an exit strategy.
Bob has an exit strategy.
Miki has an exit stategy.
-
NONE OF THEM ARE THE SAME
-
None of them pertain to exactly the same subject.
All of them result in reducing risk.
-
What is your question?

Best of success,
Annette Lawrence, Broker/Associate
Remax Realtec Group
Palm Harbor, FL
727.420. 4041
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Sep 30, 2013
There is a real estate company names that.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 29, 2013
*Best Answer* out of the 12. ha
Flag Tue Oct 1, 2013
Depends on what you are asking.
For real estate; especially in real estate investing -- it means you have a way out of a deal.
Either by renting , selling, holding, sharing, or finding the financing for your deal. You have to know how you are going to conclude the deal. This is important to those who may loan or give you money. They want to know how they will get their money back. They want to know if you know how to get their money back. This is one of the most important concepts in real estate investing. This is how you get paid.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Sep 28, 2013
If you are asking because you read it in one of my answers I was referring to selling the property in the future. I see many buyers trying to fight their way into a property that has some sort of issue(s) and I question them on the sanity of their struggle. If you have trouble buying a property because of something quirky about the property you will have trouble selling it for the same reason. So I ask about their exit strategy. How will you get out of a property you had to fight to get into?

Jim Simms
NMLS # 6395
JSimms@cmcloans.com
Financing Kentucky One Home at a Time
I answer questions about financing real estate based on my decades of experience dealing with mortgage underwriters. This answer is my personal opinion, has not been reviewed or approved by the company I work for. I do not offer legal or tax advice, if you need answers from an attorney or CPA find one knowledgeable in your local market.
Web Reference: http://jamessimms.com/
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Oct 5, 2013
Its a real estate firm and also could be referring to how one will cash out on a real estate investment
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Oct 5, 2013
Exit strategy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Exit_strategy‎
An exit strategy is a means of leaving one's current situation, either after a predetermined objective has been achieved, or as a strategy to mitigate failure.
When you develop a Business Plan you should also develop an Exit Strategy based on where you are and where you want to be when you exit or transition your business. An exit strategy is that plan that you put in place to act upon once your business plan is taking hold and running and you have clearly met all of your goals and objectives.

Rory Wilfong
Re/Max Synergy
(708) 218-7653
Th Exit Strategy is your plan in selling or renting the home prior to your purchase of the home.
Investors that flip residential property like to have an "exit strategy" of how they would sell the property after it has been renovated/altered. That strategy could be to have a few different buyers lined up in advance.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 29, 2013
It may be your home inspection or financing contingency if things do not work out the way you wanted.
Knowing when to get out within your own comfort zone.
The method by which a business owner intends to get out of an investment that he or she has made in the past.
When you have a back up plan if something went wrong
It's just a way to get out of 'something'. Read the contract however.
In context to.....what????
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Sep 28, 2013