Brad Pure, Home Buyer in Chicago, IL

what is everyones opinion of the wellington park subdivision? .

Asked by Brad Pure, Chicago, IL Fri Aug 24, 2012

does anyone know if they are going to build any new restuarants or stores that are moving over there? To me it seems like that subdivision is lost

Answers

5
Nice location and very residential. Kind of a "tweener". An area Located in between neighborhoods that are more of a destination. You have to leave your neighborhood for entertainment.
The town houses are built with material that don't play well together. You have dryvit, wood and steel all meeting at corners. I hear that has caused issues in the past.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 1, 2013
Wellington Park is wonderful! Friendly community with parks and lots of people walking dogs. Living here is a joy because I am walking distance to so many great places. By the way, neighbors are friendly too!
Hi Brad,

That area is very residential and I don't see it changing anytime soon, although to be sure I would check with homeowners associations or the local alderman to find out what the plans for commercial is over there.

If you are looking to buy in an area that has more of a walk score, and still want to be further west due to your commute then I would look at other areas of west Lincoln Park, North Center and Roscoe Village.

Email me directly - sarahz@jamesonsir.com
http://www.innovativepropertyconsultants.com/sarahz
I lived just a few blocks from here for a while. The only place to put new restaurants or stores there is the shopping center to the east and there's not much happening there, with a few large chain stores taking up a lot of the space. That stretch of Ashland has always struck me as kind of just surviving with plenty of turnover - but that's true throughout the city.

It does seem like there are pretty good values to be found in this development. Having lived in a townhome for 10 years, I've always thought townhomes were a great option. This particular development is in the Burley zone so that's a real plus. The downside is that it doesn't have great access to public transportation.

Built in 2001 are these finishes modern enough for you?

When you get a chance we should talk about which direction you're heading. I suspect your consideration set is evolving.
Web Reference: http://LucidRealty.com
It's been around for a long time, but a bit isolated and not walking distance to much of anything and not near public transportation, but for some folks that is not a problem.