Home Buying in Bakersfield>Question Details

Donwright09, Home Buyer in Bakersfield, CA

what is cost per sq.ft. to build a new house?

Asked by Donwright09, Bakersfield, CA Fri Aug 9, 2013

Answers

3
You should probably contact a builder and ask them. There are a lot of factors involved that can make the price vary.
Hi Don,
The price per sq.ft. to build depends on what part of town you plan to build, what type of builder you use (tract or custom, for example) and what tyoe of amenities you choose. They can vary from $160/sq.ft. to $210/sq.ft.
If you would like specific pricing, please feel free to contact me to discuss. I can let you know what builders have available and what their price range is, along with amenities included with their homes.

Valerie
$/sp ft depends on the area that you are looking to build in and how much you are actually spending on your house. Cost per sq. ft. is generally the main factor when determining how much you want to sell your house for. I would research how cost per sq.ft. for similar houses in the area which can be obtained online via Trulia public records as well as your local library or court house.