Karina, Home Buyer in Washington County, GA

what is cdd fee???

Asked by Karina, Washington County, GA Mon Feb 16, 2009

Answers

4
Karina,

A CDD fee is a "Community Development District" fee. Many planned communities (also known as Planned Unit Developments or PUD's) in Northeast Florida have been designated as CDD's. The CDD has the authority to issue bonds for financing infrastructure improvements such as roads, sewer, water, and community amenities such as swimming pools, clubhouses, parks, etc. Many communities that charge CDD fees (but not all) do not charge additional Home Owners Association fees (HOA) for community maintenance.

Most CDD fees can be handled like taxes by the bank that finances your home purchase and will be collected monthly and added to an escrow account to be paid at the appropriate time of the year so you don't receive an additional bill.

In the Orange Park area the Eagle Harbor, Fleming Island Plantation, and Oakleaf Plantation communities are examples of communities that have CDD fees associated with them.

If you have additional questions don't hesitate to call me. Good luck in your home search.

Scott Sullivan
Prudential Network Realty
3535 Highway 17, Suite 10
Fleming Island, FL 32003

C: (904) 327-5676
O: (904) 269-1716
Scott.Sullivan@PrudentialNetworkRealty.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Apr 24, 2009
Scott:
Recently I bought a condo in FL and my Realtor could not answer my questions on CDD and Non Advalorem taxes, but when I contacted Scott Sulivan , he answered all my questions very friendly. Thanks for your help and your patience.
I will defiantly recommend and consider to work with you fo my future property needs in Florida.
Best Regards
Prashanth
484 682 5281
Flag Fri May 17, 2013
Scott:
Best Regards
Prashanth
484 682 5281
Flag Fri May 17, 2013
Scott:
Best Regards
Prashanth
484 682 5281
Flag Fri May 17, 2013
Scott:
Best Regards
Prashanth
484 682 5281
Flag Fri May 17, 2013
I just wrote a pretty long article explaining what a CDD Fee (Community Development District) Fee is in pretty great detail.
Hello Karina,

The CDD fee pays for the cost of the infrastructure improvements, such as new roads/schools, etc. That shifts the cost to those that live in the communities that now need the new roads and schools. That way the entire population of the county doesn't have to pay increased taxes. CDD Fees are paid annually and are part of your property taxes. You should be able to find the fee (taxes) under the non-adverlorem section on your property tax bill. The CDD Fee is in addition to the HOA fees which are usually paid monthly or quarterly to your HOA Management Company.
With warm regards,

Judy Laufer
Home Buyer Magazine 2009, Five Star Realtor
Premier Property Certified
Vanguard Realty, Inc. GMAC Real Estate
E-mail: judylaufer@comcast.net
Cell: (904) 955-8588
Fax: (904) 880-5138
http://www.JacksonvilleHouseCalls.com
Good Day,

The CDD fee is basically a bond payoff. A community puts in a swimming pool, etc. The cost is paid for by a long term, say 30 years, by a bond. Each member of the community pays the interest and principal via the CDD. The CDD usually shows up next to your county real estate tax, on your tax bill. Thus you get the opportunity to write it off, as if it were tax, on your federal return.

CDDs are usually associated with planned communities with lots of ammenities.

Blaine Rabe
904-874-0814