Home Buying in Selbyville>Question Details

Homebuyer, Home Buyer in Maryland

what is better villa or town house?

Asked by Homebuyer, Maryland Sun Jul 25, 2010

Answers

7
Linda,
It looks to me that Severn villa is more popular at Bayside. Have you sold more villa than single family home at Bayside? The available lots for the villas seems to have more rear privacy. I noticed that the available lots for the single-family homes have small back yard and not much rear privacy. Let me know what you think. Just thinking which one will have a better appreciation: villa or single-family home? I guess it depend on the demand for a certain home type. Thanks.
Hello Lenne and Mikegee,

If either of you need the assistance of a REALTOR®, I would like to offer my assistance. I have helped buyers purchase both the Bornquist and the Seaport - both lovely homes available to be built at Bayside. There are a handful of choice homesites that do have a homesite premium which back to a wooded conservation area. One of these is being offered at a discount as an incentive. As you may already now, homesites with rear privacy are in short supply at Bayside, but there are many wonderful open areas for recreation within the community.

Both the Seaport and the Bornquist have great open floor plans, but are distinctly different, and both come with a variety of structural options. They are also available in other communities that you may not be aware of.

Once again, if I can be of assistance in any way, please feel free to contact me.

Kind regards,

Linda Quasney, REALTOR®, GRI, Sales Associate
ResortQuest Real Estate
http://www.LindaQuasney.com
We've been looking at the Bornquist as our primary retirement residence, so can't help on the villa/th question. Having lived in both, especially in a rental community, you really should consider the close proximity of your neighbor versus a single family unit. The right lot is our only issue at this time. Have looked at other communities, Glen Riddle, Waters Run, but feel Bayside is our best fit.
Has anyone purchase a seaport single-family home at Bayside? I am choosing between the seaport house or a severn villa as a second home. Any comment or advice is greatly appreciated.
Villa, Villa, Villa. Very friendly atmosphere. I am living in a Severn Villa in BAYSIDE, NV HOMES, Selbyville, Delaware. Love, Love, Love it. We are 2800 sq feet, have 4 bedrooms, sunroom, loft. I love the flow, I love the amenties, I love the people here. Kitchen has everything - center island - just gorgeous. NV homes - it's like buying a custom home without the stress. There people are the best. Kitchen is great for entertaining. We have the first floor master with a gorgeous master bath. My gourmet kitchen opens up to a sunny sunroom. I just love it. We are living in a golf community, with beautiful landscaping throughout the community, with a Jack Nicholas golf course, 2 pools, gym, Freeman Stage events that are fabulous, a "Cove" restaurant for after golf snacks, coushy couches to relax or small intimate tables to grab a bite, round bar in middle of restaurant, with bartenders who just know the best drinks and food to order - and we are only minutes from the beach and Ocean City.

I am licenced realtor in Delaware and a full-time resident at Bayside - Call me about living at Bayside at 302 245 1108
Good info provided by prior poster, no need for me to repeat it. Much of this is a style issue that only you can decide. However, a local agent familiar with the communities you are considering can provide information on rate of sale that may help you interpret levels of demand. This may help you make your decision. Generally, home styles in high demand in communities in high demand - even in sluggish times - perhaps especially in sluggish times - should get your attention.

I advise my buyers that feature/attributes that are positives now as well as though that are negatives should be expected to have similar effect on future sales.

Jeanne Feenick
Unwavering Commitment to Service - in New Jersey
Web Reference: http://www.feenick.com
Hello Home Buyer,

Generally, a townhome and a villa are "attached" homes rather than a single family home. The difference, depending on the community may be the type of ownership. In some cases, a villa/townhome may be fee simple ownership where the homeowner pays their own homeowners insurance and is responsible for the exterior maintenance such a roof, etc. In many or most instances here at the beach, you may find that villas and townhomes are condo ownership, where condo dues cover master insurance policy on exterior of building, maintenance of exterior of building such as roof, siding, common elements of the community such as landscaped areas, etc.
I believe you referenced Ashley Manor, where I have helped several buyers purchase. This is a smaller community than Bayside where a total of 95 townhomes are to be built and where vacation rentals are not allowed. The amenities (beautiful pool and grilling area) are included in your condo dues, which are about $2950 per year, and you as an owner in this community would benefit by having lawn mowing, irrigation and exterior maintenance of your building included as part of your condo dues.
Let me know if you have other questions or if I may be of assistance to you.
Thank you, Linda Quasney
P.S. I can assist you in Maryland or Delaware
Web Reference: http://www.LindaQuasney.com